User Tag List

Thread: what is the Licensing over the the sound effect samples that come with MMF2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the Licensing over the the sound effect samples that come with MMF2.5?

Hi everyone,
    I am sorry if this has been asked in the past and I wanna ask just in case. I have purchased a multimedia fusion 2.5 license. The installer came with a whole bunch of very useful sound effect samples (inside the Samples/ dir).

What is the licensing over those files? Do I now own them with the fusion license? Can they be used commercially in a game or do I have to pay for them?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blurymind,

I'm in no way in authority to declare or interpret anything here, but from what I've heard from the awesome peeps at CT in the past, the sounds are fully licensed to use with your licensed copy of the program. In other words: since you bought Fusion, you should have full permission to use the samples in your projects (and the graphical libraries I made here as well: http://www.clickteam.com/resources)

If you're looking for additional sound samples but aren't in position to pay for them, check out PacDV:
    http://www.pacdv.com/sounds/

These are free for multimedia developers, as the license on their site states (note that their music tracks have a separate, more restrictive license).

Same goes for another great resource, Soundjay:
    http://www.soundjay.com/

And, finally, if you have a few bucks to spend, but not much, consider checking out the game-specific and yet dirt-cheap (unless you want to donate a bit more) samples from Daniel at AffordableAudio4Everyone:
    http://www.affordableaudio4everyone.com/

Cheers!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have heard the same thing. That every graphics and sounds that comes with Fusion 2.5, you do have the full right to use them at no cost.
    However, I will say that using the graphics and sounds that comes with Fusion 2.5 is somewhat unprofessional and you should make your own. There are probably a lot of games using them already.
    I often use these as placeholders instead.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. Although there is no official reply from a clickteam developer, I am going to assume that I do own them.
    If that is the case, then I also believe that having a professional library of sounds with your multimedia fusion license should be something that is advertised by clickteam. Most other engines do not offer that sort of thing with their license.

Yes it is unprofessional to use sounds that come with the package, but some times some of them are just not going to be repeated that many times anyway. So it is kind of nice to use them as placeholders and even keep them in places where they are not so noticeable.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can use the sounds and graphics from the libraries in the Lib/Samples/MIDI folders in your commercial applications.

I think you cannot use some sounds and graphics from examples in the Examples folder, but I don't remember which ones, we would have to check.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst i agree the graphics would be unprofessional to use, the sounds are pretty much the same as any other sound sources out there. Most of them are quite effective i have found.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking that I'd like to see someone find a use for that "Helium gas is lighter than air" speech sample that's been around since TGF

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You can use the sounds and graphics from the libraries in the Lib/Samples/MIDI folders in your commercial applications.

I think you cannot use some sounds and graphics from examples in the Examples folder, but I don't remember which ones, we would have to check.
    I can use Samples sfx effects only in Fusion, or i can use in the other software too?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in fusion mihailsh.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! This is good to know. Maybe there should be a readme file in those directories that explains the terms of use/license of those files.