User Tag List

Thread: Properties and EDIF

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Properties and EDIF

Hey,
    I'm still working (and learning) on my extension with EDIF - runtime in objective-c.
    I tried to add a simple text property to my extension, by looking the official windows SDK templates.
    It's working well in Fusion but when I'm trying to get the value of the property at runtime entered by the user, I only get chinese characters.

In my Common.h, under EDITDATA, I declared char sText[1]; (as in the template of official SDK).
    and in the runtime extension I'm trying to retrieve the value by using NSString *sText = [file readAString]; (as in the official button extension).
    Mmmh I'm learning, so it's still a little bit confused for me but I'm sure I'm not so far.

I'm working with latest version of Fusion and exporters.

Could someone help ?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only access the editdata when your runtime extension is constructed, after that the editdata is no longer available. You have to get anything you need from the editdata into your runtime data before it is destroyed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry LB, but where/how to retrieve the value of the properties so...
    The strange thing is i can correctly retrieve the value (but not the full string, only char byte by byte) by using readAChar instead of readAString.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I think you are experiencing a problem with the difference between Unicode strings and non-Unicode strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I was thinking first but I'm wondering: since I'm using your edif, fusion 2.5 and the last version of ios exporter, it shouldn't have any problem with unicode... should it?
    And if so, how can fix it?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean on the Objective-C end, you might be trying to read as a Unicode string when it's actually a non-unicode string fixed. My fork of EDIF is updated for Unicode and such but you may need to read some of the info on the wiki:
    https://github.com/ClickteamLLC/windows-edif/wiki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But why is it working well when I try with the official button extension?
    When I try to [readAString] with the official extension, it returns a correct encoded string.
    Do you think if I send you the sources you'll be able to see what's wrong?

And I already spent hours to read the wiki, and forums...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LB you were right, it was about Unicode.
    Yves helped me to solve it.

Finally,
    - I change all strlen to _tsclen and strcpy to _tcscpy in SetPropValue
    - I declared a TCHAR instead of a char in EDITDATA, in common.h
    - I changed CPropDataValue to CPropDataString in GetPropValue as it's explained in UnicodeSDK.txt, found on the clickteam-plugin github.
    - I finally build with Edittime Unicode, instead of Edittime.

[file readAString] in Objective-C runtime extension returns now the correct formatted text.

BUT I'm still wondering why I had to that since I thought your EDIF will do automatically the job...
    For now, the most important is I begin to understand how work the properties.
    Thanks for the time though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question, I read this (http://community.clickteam.com/threads/70463-EDIF-edittime)

#define MKRS (UINT_PTR)LPCSTR
    PropData_EditString(Prop::Str, MKRS("Name"), MKRS("Description"))
    You, LB, were talking about this way of implementing properties instead of use Ext.rc and String Table.
    Using Ext.rc is not a problem, but since I'm learning, I tried the method with MKRS and guess what, the "Name" and "Description" content are displayed as chinese characters within the Frame Editor...

Is it because this MKRS method is not supported for unicode extensions ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a magician, I can't magically fix your non-unicode code to be unicode

Did you use the Template folder or the TemplatePlus folder? The sample properties with TemplatePlus work properly:
    https://github.com/LB--/windows-edif...es.cpp#L41-L47

The normal "Template" folder is still a WIP because James wanted to keep the original file layout alongside the one I invented.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3