User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build 282.1 - beta

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to explain it correctly...
    Feature to manipulate instances like unique objects, manipulate properties of instances separately, i mentioned about this in my topic:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/87346-How-to-make-each-instance-of-object-in-editor-unique

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
    Couldn't it just add the parent event(s) to all the child event(s) when "compiled" ?

So it'd be the same as manually adding those parent events to the children in the editor.
    Seems like a cool idea that can make development easier. However, it could be confusing if one of your events caused the main event to no longer be true, and this meant that other sub-events, when combined with their parent, would no longer be "true" and would then not run. As such, if it were implemented then it would be important to ensure people understood how it worked.

The advantage of having event macros like this is that if you process them prior to compile time then they should easily work on all platforms, but the disadvantage is that it can only do what existing events can do and so can cause quirks when circumstances change between one event and another.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think it would be a problem, Joshtek.

People aren't going to just be adding sub-events without first learning what they do... just like anything in the program.

It works essentially the same as normal events... Just in a collapsible tree. Runs from top to bottom. Any event above can change how events react below it, etc.

I suppose it's a bit more intermediate than what beginners would be prepared for, but if you have even a few months experience with Fusion or similar event editors, then it's really just a huge convenience to have.

It sounds like they might possibly implement it though.... I'm really liking this Clickteam that adds these crucial but not time consuming updates to 2.5.

Gives me a lot of faith for Fusion 3.

I realize it is a lot more difficult to update for Fusion than for something like Construct 2 that is strictly HTML5, since Fusion is exporting to so many platforms, but I really appreciate the effort being put forward.

With that said... please please please pretty please add the sub-events thing soon! I am not lying when I say that it would literally improve my events and organization ten times over.

I've become pretty obsessed with optimizing things and making them clean and commented... so it would be great to be able to condense down some events to read easier and cause me to not have to scroll through such a long event list of repetitive conditions with minor changes.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It sounds like they might possibly implement it though...
    I'm not sure we can add this easily in a short time, even with your simpler solution. We'll see. Also there are tons of other features to add, we have to choose the features according to their interest / cost ratio.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves
    look at the construct forum (and other forums), they are all saying they left fusion because there are no sub-events
    maybe someone should start a poll to see how many people have interest?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    I really don't think it would be a problem, Joshtek.
    I am not saying it would be a showstopper. It just means that if the feature is implemented then it would want to be accompanied by a tutorial explaining how it works.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub-events is always been the features that many users wanted if I may recall, quoting this Nifflas post from 2013:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/80573-Can-a-game-be-to-Complex-for-MMF2?p=593999&viewfull=1#post593999

Tutorial shouldn't be that difficult, users could help with that. And an intermediate user of Fusion should have able to adapt to it quickly because it's not much different than having a neater look of your events

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub-events would be a great feature I also would like to see.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think not only is the interest for sub-events there, but also... This helps EVERYONE.

I mean, some stuff added only helps certain people in particular. Like... adding physics to Fusion only helps people who care about doing stuff with physics... it's not a universal must have for everyone.

But sub-events helps everyone optimize and organize their code better. Plus yeah, it's the major reason I prefer working in the Construct 2 event editor over Fusion. That's really the biggest thing. (short list is better animation editor and handling of variables, but you guys just did some good work with the variables stuff so that's a plus)

I think focusing on these sort of core "helps everyone" sort of features is best.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for sub events, I too have become obsessed with optimizing/cleaning up my events >_< It's something I can get by without.. but it would be a great feature - even if it purely visual (development side) where you can just collapse the sub-events into the parent event.

BTW forgot to say thanks for a great update! go CT!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast