User Tag List

Thread: trying to remake an example

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to remake an example

I have found this example file fastloopboxitemexample.mfa , but in trying to remake the same in my own game, it didn't work, as you can see in this file notworking.mfa

I've been going back and forth between these two files now for a while, and I must be overlooking something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even stranger, when I deactive line 5 (= the one with the fastloop) I get the counter to display the spread value of the item when you click on them.
    The counter stays at zero when line 5 is activated though.

What am I missing here?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try setting your counter before running "search". You are comparing to it inside that loop after all..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did as you suggested and added an extra line before line 3:
    * user clicks with left button on 'items'
    - set counter to item spread id 'items'

Now clicking on the blocks sets the counter to the correct value, and the placing works too. But putting the blocks back still doesn't work.

I'm really curious to know why it works in the example, but not in my remake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found this old tread : http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82596-Little-easy-help-about-a-mfa-example

I downloaded the example from DistantJ, wich uses a flag to counter the need for a double-click. This example: distantj.mfa

Now I remade this example line for line from scratch, and mine still does not work. Can somebody please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. I don't see it.

This is my file :stillnotworking.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't look at your file because I'm away from my computer.. but two things to check.

#1 - you've recreated it line by line, but what about the order of the actions? use the event list editor (not just the event editor) for both .mfa's to see if one action is happening before it should.

#2 - make sure no objects in the original .mfa have a behaviour embedded in them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!! It was indeed the order of the actions. I totally neglected the event list editor. I'm so happy it works now