User Tag List

Thread: What would be the best settings to make a game with HD artwork?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be the best settings to make a game with HD artwork?

Say that I want to make a PC game with handdrawn high resolution graphics.

I would like my game to be able to use fullscreen while preserving visual quality of the artwork.
    I tried making some example project with Ultimate Fullscreen object. I made a 960x600 frame and I put a backdrop with a picture. When I ran the app into fullscreen, the picture will becomes jaggy as expected.

Turning on "Anti-Aliasing when Resizing" helps a bit, although the picture becomes slightly blurred. It comes to my concern how my game would looks like if it's played on a higher resolution like 1920x1080, because I can only test at 1366x768 at the moment. Would it looks even more blurred?

I've been thinking if I should work in a large frame in my project to retain image quality. But then performance takes into consideration. Honestly I never seen a Fusion game which natively made in 1080p resolution, so I wonder if Fusion could handle a complex game with frame size that big.
    Also if I made a game in 1080p, and then downscaled to 720p in game, would that help the performance of the runtime?

This wouldn't be much an issue if you are working on a game with pixel art or minimalistic style, because you don't have to worry much about aliasing when scaling your game to native display resolution. I'm talking about an action game with handdrawn high-res graphics, with lots of objects with AI and shader effects on screen (go look up Dust: An Elysian Tail on Youtube, that's kind of game I'm looking for).

Any tips from fellow Fusion users?
    Sorry for my bad English.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try using Window Control object where nothing is resized, but instead makes the frame bigger ( so it makes more space in the frame)
    Example: Resize Example.mfa

Not sure this is what you're looking for, but have a try
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's not what I'm after, I still would like my game scaled on full screen, without loss of quality.

Perhaps working on larger resolution is best way to do it, I'll see it by myself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can scale your app normally without some minor loss of quality. You might want to look into this though: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82098-MMF2-Upscaling-Solution-%28Scale2x-Scale4x%29-Release-Thread

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 1080 then downscaling is what most hi-res games do. With HWA performance shoudn't be a problem, most slowdown in Fusion comes from expensive conditions and actions. If you're worried though 720 upscaled still looks good (see ps3, Xbox 360). As BartekB says you can always go old school and just give the player more to see if they use higher resolutions.