User Tag List

Thread: Question: Embedding Multiple Html5 Applications

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question: Embedding Multiple Html5 Applications

I have been attempting to embed multiple Html5 apps into one page. After trying to embed two different applications failed, I tried to embed the same application twice in the same page. What happened both instances is that only one application played. The other one simply produced a white screen.

An example of what I mean is located on www.xable.us/debug.html The two apps should be embedded next to each other.

Below is the html code for both embeds when I tried to embed the same app twice. The only difference is that the canvases are named "MMFCanvasTwo" and "MMFCanvasONE" respectively.

Any suggestions on what can be done?

With Regards,

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, having multiple application on the same page is something on my todo list, and I have not done it yet.
    It implies a little work, for the main game loop timer calls.
    Once I have completed the stuff (after clearing the HTML5 bugbox), I'll work in this. So keep posted.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I have found around this is to put the HTML5 in an Iframe and loading them from different domains. Then they both work.
    http://network.iwarecd.com/appbuilde...how/frame.html

For most people this is not good as they only have one domain to work with but here is what I did. These are both on the same root domain and I just added a different subdomain...

One is on network.iwarecd.com the other is on rtp.iwarecd.com so they are both pointing to iwarecd.com just that network and rtp are in different folders and using different application pools.

I have not played with this much so I don't know how well it work on all browsers, how long it will work once it starts, if I need different application pools or not, etc.

Hope this helps.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, thanks, forgot about it. Embedding in frames does work (are frames are really independant web pages displayed on the same screen).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

embedding apps in html

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera View Post
    The only way I have found around this is to put the HTML5 in an Iframe and loading them from different domains. Then they both work.
    http://network.iwarecd.com/appbuilde...how/frame.html

For most people this is not good as they only have one domain to work with but here is what I did. These are both on the same root domain and I just added a different subdomain...

One is on network.iwarecd.com the other is on rtp.iwarecd.com so they are both pointing to iwarecd.com just that network and rtp are in different folders and using different application pools.

I have not played with this much so I don't know how well it work on all browsers, how long it will work once it starts, if I need different application pools or not, etc.

Hope this helps.

Hello Kimera ,
    I have checked your example webpage and it works fine.
    I notice both apps are next to each other.
    If I want to put one app on top of the other in the page , what should I do?
    Thanks ,
    eric

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it has taken a bit for me to get back to you, been tied up with a new job.

To get what you are looking for I think I would create a table and put one in the top row and the other in the next.

Hope that helps.

Kimera