User Tag List

Thread: Runtime.js and Jquery 1.11.1 errors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runtime.js and Jquery 1.11.1 errors?

I seems to be running into an issue when using jquery with runtime.js. I am getting the JS error: "TypeError: e.Qk is not a function" and the application doesnt show when I have Jquery load AFTER runtime. If i do it the other way around so jquery loads first then runtime.js after, I get no errors, the HTML5 runs fine but Jquery doesnt seem to work?

This is vital for doing HTTP requests to PHP files without having to use the GET object.

Im using the HTML5 object to run JS functions, the function then does a HTTP request to PHP to retrive data.

The way it seems to get it working is to have Jquery load first and then use "jquery" instead of $.

Andy

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, I have never liked jquery and always refused to use it
    Just the "$" syntax I dont like.
    But yet, it is very powerful. So actually, I do not know what is going on, some kind of name crash I guess.
    Can you post a bug in the HTML5 bugbox? Please append to it the HTML file where you include your game and jquery at the same time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, obviously thats down to taste, as you mentioned jQuery is powerful and has become one of them most used framworks on the net, so when developing HTML5 apps for communication with servers it can come in very handy.

I also posted it as im sure others will eventually run it this, so a work around is above.

Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jQuery is a must for the web today. There are more people who rely on jQuery than there are Mac owners so leaving this out is not an option if your serious about producing web apps today. Additionally not having the ability to specify the ID or Name of an object additionally works against anything produced in MMF for the web. Without the ability to address the objects then anything produced with MMF is almost trapped in it's own development bubble. jQuery is an industry standard and is not something you can just leave out or your only doing part of the job.

Just my thoughts!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna agree with Francois on this one, JQuery is a great framework, but its overhead for library isn't that great,
    Anyway, this bug is caused by a common variable name overwrite, its recommended you look into jQueries method to compensate for this,

Also, try putting JQuery AFTER Runtime.js in the HTML file, and see if that helps.

@Kimera:
    Are you talking about using JQuery Selectors to select Objects in the HTML5 runtime?
    They aren't DOM objects, they can't be selected with JQuery, nor the vanilla JS way, its just not how the runtime, or anything in JavaScript, really works.

I do agree, however, that the HTML5 runtime needs to be refactored into a single global variable in JavaScript, but this would be a pretty huge undertaking.
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dracislooby, it may have a big overhead but it nevertheless is still widely used throughout and that's why I thought I would expose the issue here.

As you can see from my post I did overcome the conflicting variable name overwrite.

Putting jQuery after runtime breaks the runtime js resulting in no load.

Andy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DracisLooby,

While JQuery does have it's issues and does have some overhead issues it is still an industry standard today.

Additionally, and you may know more about this than I do for sure, all edit boxes, buttons, divs, labels, are accessible via their ID. All I am looking for is a way to be able to do that with the buttons, edit boxes, etc. that are in my HTML5 apps I create in CTF. Even if it was just some thing as simple as creating an alterable string/value named HTML_ID or HTML_Name and having that information apply to the objects upon export. This way, as with any object on the page, a developer can use getElementById('id_name') to address that object via JS.

If I just repeated myself and it seems that ignored your statement about them not being DOM objects I am truly sorry, it would be because I don't know that I fully understand what you just said. I thought that by having the ID or Name made something available as a DOM object therefor by giving it those attributes you could then utilize the DOM syntax to address it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx!
    "putting JQuery AFTER Runtime.js" worked for me.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It looks as though the html5 runtime needs closure inside a single scope variable rather than.running in the global scope. This would also.solve the issue of not.being able.to run several.instances in the same page I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Simon - Actually, that's going to be one of my new jobs here soon, I'm going to (hopefully) refactor the HTML5 Runtime to fit it into one global namespace, and work around some common issues, like Garbage Collection stutters, and cross browser support.

I'm actually also going to be creating more API objects, so I might make a thread seeking what popular HTML5 API's people might want.
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?