User Tag List

Thread: Is it possible to rotate the screen to the player

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to rotate the screen to the player

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been covered but from what I've found people are requesting different answers.

I would like to know if it is possible to have the camera rotate to the angle of the player? (For a platformer game)

Example, I have a planet and a character that is already set up so that the character angle is constantly parallel to the surface of the planet. now obviously when i run left or right the screen is still flat and doesn't rotate, but my character is running around the planet ish. I want it so the camera is also parallel to the planet making it look as though I'm running around it.

Will this also make the directions of left, right and jump rotate with the screen making them go around the planet too? (so that when i jump i go up for the current screen orientation not the starting one)

If the answer is no, to achieve this do i have to rotate the rest of the game to create the same feel?

Thanks

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can easily do it in HTML5 with screenzoom object or viewport extension on Windonws runtime.
    Html5 exemple here : http://futuregames.free.fr/file/Planet/Planet.html

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

Patrice that example is exactly what i want but for .exe export. are there any objects or extensions that can achieve this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure if this will work as i can't try it out right now but one thing you could try out is set everything like your backgrounds, backdrops etc as active objects, set them to a specific qualifier then when you want the screen to rotate try an event that changes the angle of the qualifier group. For example:

- Player is overlapping Screen Rotate Sensor (or what have you) => Set angle (Screen Rotate Group) +1

I'll try to make you an example shortly.

EDIT: Here ya go buddy. Im not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but it may be a good starting point for you.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for example, ill test it out tonight and post an example file tomorrow if i have any more issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I made an example post here
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88275-Rotate-World-Camera
    The camera follows the angle of the rotation, or it simulates the same effect without touching gravity.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat example Sparckman, i had a similar system but yours was more efficient, Thanks