User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Beyond - Indie Horror

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I actually thought of you when I designed the enemy. I initially was shooting for a spider but I realized 8 legs will be difficult to animate. So I removed 4 legs and realized it looked more akin to a mantis than a spider. I am actually going to add scythe like blades on its arms.

I am building in Fusion. It is all prerendered concept art, but the final game assets will look like this - just on a 2d side-scrolling plane. Think of Clock Tower on snes.

I chose pre rendered because I cannot sprite or draw to save my life. LoL

I am not ready to reveal the gameplay as it is still in development, but I hope to have the playable demo, alongside Steam greenlight and a Kickstarter campaign by Christmas.

The game is going to be focused on story and atmosphere mostly. I have always preached horror needs to be about these moreso than gameplay.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, I'm sure you're aware that a mantis has four legs to support most of its body weight and two frontal legs essentially used as arms, but are shaped similarly to your monster's arms. I know how you feel about the artwork. I'd be more experienced if I stayed at university for longer, but I was getting pretty good at working with 3ds Max despite never having any art skill. You've done a great job, though. For the record, I love games that use pre-rendered art. (Most of my praise goes to many PS1 games that do this.) I think you did mention Clock Tower once. (I'm making a note to play that.)

I look forward to a possible early Christmas present, then! I also agree about the atmosphere. Probably why I preferred Silent Hill to Resident Evil.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I wanted to be a bit more anatomically correct, but for sake of sanity during animation I cut it down. It earned the name more so from it's resemblance than anatomy.
    I agree, pre-rendered graphics has always served a purpose and is underrated. The Resident Evil remake on Gamecube is one of the most beautiful games ever made, even still to this day. (and an HD remake coming, yes!)

I have always loved RE and SH about equally, for different reasons. RE is great B movie horror vibes that satisfies my cheese factor. But SH is actually pretty terrifying at times.
    Hopefully, I can knock a few kings off of their thrones in terms of sheer terror.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks fantastic mate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    InventoryScreenAlpha.jpg

An early, unfinished look at the inventory screen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screenshot2.jpg
    Here is the first in-game screenshot during the pre-alpha stage!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new look at the improved atmosphere system. Lots and lots of filters running here.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...ds/image-1.jpg
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2