I tried making an installer for my program for the Windows store , and there a lots of items, that needs to be fixed..
1. Installed in MF2.5 doesn't check 32 or 64 bit Windows version?
Install to the correct folders tes
Install to Program Files
• Warning: The install to Program Files test detected the following errors: ◦Program Piccross Adventure Land fails due to missing install location.
• Impact if not fixed: Native apps e.g. 32 and 64 bit must be installed to the %ProgramFiles% folder by default, note that 32 bit apps installing on x64 versions of Windows must be stored under %ProgramFiles(x86)%. Storing program files in another folder can cause access and security problems for the user.
• How to fix: Write the files to the correct folders. See link below for more information:
Working with Known Folders
User account control (UAC) test
User account control run level
• Error Found: The UAC test detected the following errors: ◦Main executable C:\Program Files (x86)\Piccross Adventure Land\Uninstall.exe is marked as either "RequiredAdministrator" or "HighestAvailable" and is not signed.
User facing shortcuts (Desktop or Start Menu) must be able to run as a Standard User e.g. “asInvoker”.◦ If any of the above files are manifested with uiAccess set to "True", you must request a waiver.
• Impact if not fixed: An app that operates or installs only when the user is an administrator forces users to run the app with unnecessarily elevated permissions.
• How to fix: List the files in the app's manifest with the proper permissions.
- Under the Windows settings, I have it set as "Invoker" .. so why does this not work?? or is this Vista Only (according to the settings)
and there are some other ones..
I will attach the results file, and maybe someone has any suggestions ?