Thread: Behind the shoulder view

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behind the shoulder view

I want to make a level similar to this.

What extension or is the best way for me to go about making the stage like this?

Please be specific with me as possible so I may learn!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming the game is built in something like 240x200 or 320x240 and Vamprotector is Windows only.

If its a lower resolution, check out the raycaster object. This would allow you to make the forward movements smoother, and even turns around corners. You could overlay the player sprite on a different layer and have the enemies on the same field as the raycaster and make them actually move realistically.

The raycaster has a good built in demo that you can easily modify and tweak to your needs. It is tricky I wont lie, but easier than you think with the built in movement.

Just take away player control of the raycaster itself and automate it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games like this don't actually use real 3D; they use clever animations to simulate it.

It looks like this game in particular is just scaling/animating everything so it looks like the player is moving forward. The bullets also use maths so they gravitate towards the center of the screen (adding to the illusion).

You could definitely use some extensions for this, but idk of any to recommend.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I remember this stage. I believe you don't need any extensions at all. Just some clever tricks of animations and maths Say you only need to animate the wall to create the illusion that the player is moving forward while in fact everything is still on place.

If you haven't already, check Math: Loving The Expression Editor on Clickstore. Very well worth the price to explains some game programming maths and example to achieve 3D-like stage like this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm.interesting answers. I will have to do a little bit of experimenting.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting, ah le ole dayz of le Nintnedo I'm a big countra fan, I should try do a test tonight heeh

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i made a quick old dungeonmaster kind of project way back in tgf- may dig it out and post it up, i used a serious of predefined actives(sprites) for each 'square beside,ahead and far ahead etc,, and 2 different ways of getting the map squares ahead, one -use arrays, or two-using an invisible(or offscreen layout, with actives, so that when the player move the collisions take place and display whats ahead left,far ahead,ahead right,right,left,ahead and behind, etc,and setting the direction (or force animation frame to equal the value(a) of the collidable square, for eg, if = 0 no wall,if =1 plain wall,if =2 wall with crack etc, ill try to dig it out sometime think i put it editable levels as well. BUT dont hold me to it, I got lots on at the moment and cannot be sure if I still have the code at the mo.then of course you have to draw all the different walls and bits, a bit of perspective drawing or using grpahics from online as guides
    I know I ramble a bit but hope it helps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that using the 3D shader could do this. It just takes a LOT of tinkering to get the idea of how all the parameters work.

mojofltr
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmfexamples-0.htm

The last example on this page has a nice dungeon example that could be looked at and simplified for a similar effect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparckman,.is most likely working on an example of this! He'll come up with something I'm sure. I have to agree, I loved Contra. One of my favorite games back then including Mario. Who beat Contra? I did back then.

http://www.nintendo8.com/game/60/contra/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast