User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clickteam Steam Publishing Services

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I am concerned, the tax issue is interesting.

In theory CT should pay only 30% tax out of 7% income they get, and you as a UK resident would need to pay 20% from the 63% you receive.

However US tax office might claim that CT is getting whole 70% from the Steam and 30% needs to be deducted from the whole amount, and thus you pay double tax (US and UK) but as far as I remember, double taxes were made illegal at least inbetween the EU countries, dunno about EU-US.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Clickteam as a company pays taxes only on profit, the 70% is gross capital income, then liabilities are paid, including the 63% to the author. What ever gets left over Clickteam reports as earnings and pays tax on it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, would that mean that the author needs to handle their own income tax, or not? I want to be sure about that, since I may be interested in Clickteam publishing one of my games one day, and it would be great to know. I'm guessing the answer is "yes you need to handle your own income tax", but I want to be sure on that. Also, if I had to handle my own income tax, then would that require that I was 18 or older to be allowed to do so, or not? If it would require I'm older than 18, then I'm doubting I would be able to get my game on Steam for a few years, since I wouldn't be old enough. I'm really curious about this, since I don't know exactly how this whole thing works (taxes included).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you are not 18 years are older, then typically you will need a bit of help with the business end of things, with a guardian or parent.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was expecting that would be necessary. Still, good to know for sure. I'll talk to them (my parents) about it when I have a game ready.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    Jason Hiya!

If you are asking how it's all paid out, We are issued the 70% from Steam and then we pay out to the developer the 63%. Hopefully that answers your question correctly.

Best Regards,

Chris
    This covers my question, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kisguri on sorting out the tax issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only just saw this. Very interesting indeed. How far do the press releases go, exactly? By that, I'm asking how many people do you reach out to, etc.? I'm only asking this because not much information or examples are provided.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very interested in this for sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast