User Tag List

Thread: Top down car physics?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top down car physics?

Hi, im playing with the physics now included in 2.5 and ive dropped in the engine, and gave an active object the physics car movement, but it doesnt matter what change in regards to friction, density or anything, the car just acts like the basic car movement controller? Is there something im missing, im trying to achive some skidding/drifting to make it not act like its on rails.

Thanks
    Andy

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive struggled to make this work using CT's objects. yet - I can do TOP DOWN car etc, all with Box2d, but cannot do it using CT's physics objects.
    Box2d is working in CF2.5 nowdays, so use that for top down.

besides; i made a top down driving engine back in 2001 - and i recently looked at it again. its very robust, does everything thats required and is dead simple. it does use racecar, but most of it was deactivated - and uses other objects together to get the desired effect. (what i am saying here is - you dont need physics to make something like this work)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still puzzled or dissapointed by this, from what I can see the physics car movement does nothing more than the standard car movement, is it actually meant too? Do any of its physics properties change anything?

Andy