User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth for Android - Beta (Testers Wanted!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bluetooth for Android - Beta (Testers Wanted!)

Hey guys,

I know Bluetooth for Android is a desired feature, and I personally wanted to use it, so I went ahead and created a Bluetooth Object for Android!

Unfortunately it is hard to test such an object, since you need more than one phone, and different people want different things out of the extension. I have no idea how you would prefer to transfer your data, and what interface is the best for the extension so the actions are clear and easy to use. That's where you come in.

I would really appreciate it if those of you interested in a Bluetooth Object for Android would either post below or contact me some other way to indicate that you would like to participate in testing the object.

Just so you know, the object is "finished," and I've been able to successfully manage a connection with another phone, but there surely will be issues with sending strings, sending a lot of information, etc. The interface is also kind of messy, because I'm still not sure the best way to put it. The object is not ready for release, and that's why I'm looking for help before I release it (which should be soon, for the rest of you!).

So let me know if you want to test it out, and I'll be in contact with you soon about the specific details.

Thanks again! I'm really excited about making this work!

-Evan

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see use of bluetooth object ,
    is it possible to use to send data back and forth in a multiplayer way, and is there not a range for others to connect to each other?
    I would like to convert some of my old maps (multiplayer ones ie wizard duel(for eg)) so you can duel with nearby people. (until we have multiplayer object( a better one)(sorry), and I think I might be out of your range to directly test with you, however I would look at your work if I can find the time in a bit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see this extension. Ls2 will for sure be interested in this object since he asked me to make it. You were faster.
    From the developper point of view, I am curious to know which SDK you used and how you built up your extension.
    Will you do also the Windows version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Evan

I have several devices, i can help.

bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SgtSmileyUK - Yes you can interact in multiplayer ways. You can discover nearby devices and start interactions with them. The problem with bluetooth is that one device has to be a server and the other(s) must be client(s), which is why a lot of bluetooth games have one device host a game, then everyone else joins the game. I suppose you could get around this complication if you create a rule in your game that the alphabetically higher Address hosts and the other joins. There are definitely ways to make this work for you.

conceptgame - Sorry, I didn't know anyone else had started work on this! I saw Ls2's thread and that no one took up the offer, and I personally need bluetooth for a project, so this was an opportunity for me to learn more about bluetooth and Android development. The extension pretty much works alongside the Android tutorial for bluetooth, which just uses the SDK's BluetoothAdapter class and such. As far as a windows version, I'm not really interested in dealing with c++ to complete that, since there is likely little demand for such an extension. I expected the primary use of bluetooth to be for bluetooth-enabled phone games.

EDIT: and my personal interest in this is to create a bluetooth remote app for Android that can communicate with my raspberry pi.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome to see you making extensions for Android, Eliyahu.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Eliyahu,

As conceptgame said, I'm interested to be a tester I have several devices which can be used to test your extension.

and my personal interest in this is to create a bluetooth remote app for Android that can communicate with my raspberry pi
    I'm looking for something similar, but to use with microcontrollers (PIC, ARM, etc.). If I can help you, count on me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
    conceptgame - Sorry, I didn't know anyone else had started work on this! I saw Ls2's thread and that no one took up the offer, and I personally need bluetooth for a project, so this was an opportunity for me to learn more about bluetooth and Android development. The extension pretty much works alongside the Android tutorial for bluetooth, which just uses the SDK's BluetoothAdapter class and such. As far as a windows version, I'm not really interested in dealing with c++ to complete that, since there is likely little demand for such an extension. I expected the primary use of bluetooth to be for bluetooth-enabled phone games.

EDIT: and my personal interest in this is to create a bluetooth remote app for Android that can communicate with my raspberry pi.
    That is not a problem at all. I wanted almost the same thing, learn bluetooth programming and make it work with some microcontrollers by using MMF2. I did not start since I was thinking that the official MMF2 SDK for Android was not ready. With which SDK did you work to interact with MMF2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Eliyahu,
    very nice thing to read this !!!
    I have a Galaxy note 3 and a Galaxy S4 mini, so, if i could help you, im ok ;o)

Cheers.

Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the standard Android SDK for extensions, then just the normal Android SDK. Nothing special included. I'll be sending you guys PMs soon with the download link.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast