User Tag List

Thread: Built in Mode7 Support

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Built in Mode7 Support

I'm familiar with extensions like Mode7ex and Raycaster from a few years back. I may need to look harder but I can't see if they've been kept up to date at all.

Getting to the point; is there an effective way of doing mode7 'suedo 3d' in Fusion without an extension and without a huge event list?

And if extensions are the way to do; Has anyone tried it and do you know if they work properly with the android exporter?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my knowledge, extensions are the only way to go as of now, and, also as of now, there is no way to do it with the Android exporter. Now, technically, a raycaster can be made using only MMF2/CF2.5 events, but it's hard to do and very slow, and usually is done using surface object (since using actives would be too slow for anything), which isn't compatible with Android anyway, so that doesn't help either. Somebody would have to make a new extension.

Also, I personally would be more interested in a full-on, cross-platform 3D extension that can still be used for Mode7 object/Raycaster object-like games, since that would allow for so much more, and, at this point, a new extension would almost certainly be necessary to get such a thing working on Android anyway, as all past 3D extensions have basically been abandoned, except for maybe the Raycaster object, but only because it's basically an official Clickteam extension.

I guess Clickteam could quite possibly port the Raycaster object to other runtimes if they put enough effort into it, but I personally think it would probably be time better spent to make a full-on 3D extension, though that may take longer.

Also, every minute Clickteam would have to spend making a new 3D extension or porting the Raycaster object would be a minute longer it would take for Clickteam Fusion 3 to be finished, so there is that.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2XNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well crud. It's not the end of the world for me but it would have been neat to use. It would be pretty cool to use Fusion 3 with some sort of raycasting and/or mode 7 support that could work with exporters as well.
    I'll just stuck with the parallax effect for now.