User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Crocodile - 16 bit inspired crocodile action!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp been busy with work so it took me longer to get back here to reply to everyone, but back I am and with another update to boot!

IT'S BEEN A BEE-SY MONTH!

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...11815583621120

In this week's update we're going back tp the past and recalling what Beehive Battleship used to look like vs what it is now and talking about some of the new surprises in store for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    I like those spinning elevators and slope mechanics a lot. How close to release is this? Can I play something already?
    Hm good question, actually a bit of the original game (About 7 stages) was finished but I've scrapped a lot of that sans the first level design (But even that got a brand new tile set) a lot has to do with the fact it's taken me several years to get here and my skills have improved. But at current pace I'm really hoping to get this out by the end of the year, my own personal target.

In terms of playability, the engine and first two stages are polished to a good degree that I'm happy releasing them but I want to wait until I've got more promotional material out there for a big splash of hype. I recently got a friend on board who's a pretty talented artist and that's helped me A LOT in production work

Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I love this, reminds me of the mega drive days. It has a nice blend of sonic level design but with a slower platforming pace. Following on twitter too (shotgun anaconda)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    Awesome looking game! Really reminds me of the sonic labyrinth levels mixed with the Chemical plant ones.
    Thank you for your kind words! yes I'm loving it if you feel like this reminds you of the Mega Drive games, I've tried really hard to make the aesthetic fit that era! You'll find a lot of inspiration not just Sonic but games like Quackshot and Monster World!

Quote Originally Posted by PBarwick View Post
    That stage looks great.
    Oh hey there, long time since I last spoke with you Peter, thanks again for the compliment!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel ya! The problem with getting better while hooked to long-term projects is the stuff you made a year ago always feels like total crap. I think you're at a point tho where the quality seems really good, I'm looking forward to testing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this looks fantastic!

How long has this been in development?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a new Screenshot Saturday to share, well more like a Video Saturday actually! We've got some lovely new mushrooms populating the stage and a brand new checkpoint marker too. An open flame lantern, giving the player the warm embrace of safety! Click on the Twitter link below to also listen to some 100% authentic Mega Drive/Genesis music.

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...14376309428225

Also we got some pixel art of the main hero Brock and the main antagonist Wize, since hey it's been a while since we saw these two together and we wanted to practice some pixel art for future images!

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...53412218654720

Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    I feel ya! The problem with getting better while hooked to long-term projects is the stuff you made a year ago always feels like total crap. I think you're at a point tho where the quality seems really good, I'm looking forward to testing!
    Thanks man! When I look back to some of my original images I can't help laugh about how rough stuff use to look, like this was what the first level use to look like, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMakesGames View Post
    Wow, this looks fantastic!

How long has this been in development?
    Short story; since I was a kid!

Long story; the concept was something I've been thinking up since I was young but I started active development of this game sometime in 2009 with asset creation, however since then the project has taken several changes along the way. From originally starting off as a Master System inspired title from games like Dragon's Trap, I moved to making this more of a Mega Drive-y title sometime in 2013 since the core inspiration were all Mega Drive titles (Like Quackshot, Sonic and Monster World 4) now here we are in our latest revision! If you want to read more about the history of the project, I wrote up an article way back in October 2014, give it a read if you want to find out more about my journey!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT'S TIME TO BOUNCE!

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...12178786467840

Let's bounce back from the dreaded Monday start with another update, comparing a couple of the older assets with the newer ones! I'm liking the springy nature of the new mushroom, I think our artist did a great job on it! There's going to be another update on Wednesday night too where we show some changes to the first boss, please look forward to it!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...90818218151936

Whoop forgot to post this yesterday (Had a busy night watching Black Panther haha!) but here we go, added some new SFX animations to the boss, need to still rework on the background a bit but getting there. Also click on the video to listen to some 16 bit music!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...44008032133120

Final art of the second boss Princess Cassandra Honeypot and her attack mecha unit, Beera! Should have some gameplay footage of her fairly soon so look forward to that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great! Did you draw those art pieces yourself? They are fantastic!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBarwick View Post
    Looking great! Did you draw those art pieces yourself? They are fantastic!
    Nah I brought an artist on board to the team so he can help with promotional artwork and asset creation, it's been a bit of a godsend and since we're local it's easier to direct than when you're a fair distance away from each other! Which ties into;

Redesign redesign redesign! Old boss new design!

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/s...54956003348480

So this week we look at my design process since we got an additional team member on board. I come up with a couple of concepts, he then adjusts it and comes out with a final idea and then we put it down as a sprite and promotional art. You can read more about it on the website with some final pieces of concept!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the artist on board seems so worth it, the new art looks great

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast