User Tag List

Thread: Does Fusion 2.5 have functions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Fusion 2.5 have functions?

I'm still getting to grips with Fusion 2.5. I come from a programming background and I was wondering if it's possible to have something to similar to functions or sub-routines?

I know it's possible to activate event groups, so I suppose this is similar. But I notice that event groups are run at runtime regardless. A workaround would be on frame start disable the event group and then activate it when needed and then when all of the events in the group have been run to disable it again until it is next activated. Is doing this logical or are there better methods?

Or I suppose another method would be set a variable/flag, and only run the event group when the condition is true and also when the variable/flag is set.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can right click on an event group and and disable it at start.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion doesn't have functions. This is something that hopefully will come around in Fusion 3.
    What you can do is to use fastloops. Run a loop 1 time, and On Loop, do the events that should be triggered by the function. You can also combine this with event groups.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also coming from a programming background this is something I really miss too.

So what I do to keep things tidy is use event groups, I create a group and disable at start, then use the "on group activation" to do all what i need and any other events in there then once complete I disable the group.

But +1 but functions to be added with params!

Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting there, but Fusion does take some getting used to. The basics are easy, but for more complicated things I have to forget how I would do a task using code and then find how it's done in Fusion. But I think Fusion 2.5 is great, I'm pleased that I bought it recently in the Steam sale and I am determined to fully understand it.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Immediates conditions, with an emphasis on fastloops, are a bit like functions from other programming languages such as C++. When they are found, MMF2 and Fusion immediately look for other similar immediate functions. Once they are found all of them are executed as many times as they are needed. Afterwards, the program will resume where it left off.

I think this page might be able to provide you more information on Immediate conditions.

http://www.xable.us/fastloops.php

One major difference between fastloops and function is that you do not pass arguments to fastloops. If you wanted to pass arguments, you would need to set aside extra variables and set those variables whenever the fastloop is called.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're really have your heart set on coding functions in the traditional method, the xLua extension will let you integrate Lua scripts into your Fusion application, allowing you to write nifty reusable functions. It's windows runtime compatible only though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. Also thanks to ProdigyX for the link to your website - excellent source of info!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should also try the "Immediate If" (iif) which is very (VERY) convenient to make a lot less events via direct tests in expressions.