User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Really need API creation, possibly in shop?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Really need API creation, possibly in shop?

This is still the thing that bothers me the most. Most clients I try to work with have an API that they need to integrate, but I can only cross my fingers helplessly and hope that I am in luck for their API to have been ported over to Fusion before. In rare occurences it has, but more often then not I am out of luck and have to cancel the deal. It has really started to bother me seriously and I really don't know what to do.
    I made a thread about funding API:s a while ago and later in that thread it seemed an object for being able to put in any API:s was in development, but now it seems to me that is not going to happen anytime soon (if at all)

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/84931-The-Funding-API-thread!/page2

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88111-What-happened-to-the-API-object

I was thinking of the new Clickteam shop where you can buy things like examples and source games etc. Could there be a section dedicated to API:s?
    It is really hard to even find out if an API has already been created or not by trying to browse the forum or ask other users, to have them in all in one place would be extremely useful.
    It would be so great if there was a person dedicated to porting API:s on Clickteam and you could sell the objects in the Clickshop even? (like exporters). There could even be a donation think a bit like my thought in the API funding thread where you can donate to speed up the development of a particular API.
    It is really impossible to do any serious business in Flash and Html5 if you can't use any clients API. For example now it is the 3:rd time I have been offered a deal by MiniPlay, but I can't go through with them since I can't integrate their API.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, here are some of the ones I have:

*Gameshed
    *Gazo
    *Mindjolt
    *Yepi
    *HighScoreGamers

I have more but can't recall them at the moment.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stephen, is the Yepi API the one i hired for? Because I never got it to work properly in the end, there was something missing, or have that been fixed since then?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the sound toggling events that didn't work correctly IIRC, but the latest build seems to have fixed it for two other users.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really need API creation, possibly in shop?

I've currently have a 90-day trial on an sdk with api calls. If it worked I'd like to pay someone to make an extension or tool so I can use it in MMF but without knowing if it's worth it, I'm kind of in a pickle.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    It was the sound toggling events that didn't work correctly IIRC, but the latest build seems to have fixed it for two other users.
    I think the problem was that the extension could not recieve calls, only send them? I looked at my conversation with Yepi and the last message I have is:

"The pause is not supposed to send a Pause call, it's supposed to receive a Pause call from the html and then pause the game, when we click resume, the game should work.
    I think it's explained quite clearly in the API.
    Let me know if you have more questions."

So here is where I got stuck, do you know if the API can recieve calls?

Edit: I think that was the case because I also had this message from you:

"If you have to receive a call from the html, you would have to use the Flash object to interact with your html file like I mentioned before, however I have never done that so I am not sure how to do that from fusion.
    Maybe ask Francois or Danny if they know how to receive a call from the html via the flash object? I'm sorry. "

So, if there have not been any more work on the Yepi object I assume it is still like this?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, BoosterMedia is another company that recently asked me for a licence to one of my HTML5 games. Do their API look complicated to port? http://www.boostermedia.com/developer-program/technical

If you look at the link they have support for Construct 2 and GameMaker API so maybe they would be interested in getting support for Fusion also?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Converting this construct2 extension to fusion's html5 extension will be pretty easy and quick to achieve.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iOSC do you know how it is done?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean how to port the c2 extension to a fusion html5 extension ? If, so, Yes. I quickly looked at the c2 extension code, and it seems really easy to port it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast