User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: included "binary data" array file not loading in flash build.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

included "binary data" array file not loading in flash build.

Hi everyone.

I have a game project successfully loading an included array object file in both the IOS and Android exports.

In those cases I tell the game to load simply the filename, such as LOAD "arrayfile.arr" with no other path.

For flash to work while on a web-site, is a specific path of some sort required for the file to successfully load?

thanks,

Mike

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it may be a bug, and I think I may have encountered something related: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/2128

For me it was INI files, but I guess there are similar issues with Arrays. Either that, or I simply can't get it done right.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up happygreenfrog. Hopefully a solution will be found soon.

cheers,
    Mike

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi,

in INI, some changes was made and working here, i will post a nightly build for you to test and give me your feedback.

i tested here also with array and everything seems to be fine.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/88602-Build-282-2c?p=640630#post640630
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi FVivolo,

The array object is still not successfully loading from the included "binary file" .att file in the Flash export.

Is there is specific path required for it to work from the "Data Elements" include?

Thanks,
    Mike

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    here an example http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4...tArray_SWF.zip

unzip to a folder and change the binary data to point to the array correctly build should work
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AH HA! I found A BIG bug that was causing me to think the array was not loading! I'm reading from the array and using the data to control the "create object by name" action under the default create feature in Fusion (not a plug-in, jus the "create object by name" action), AND I'm telling Fusion to create the object (by name) AT a specific, already existing Sprite's position. It's working mostly, BUT, unlike all other export platforms, the Flash exported version is NOT creating the objects on the same layer as the Spriter its being told to create the object at. All other builds create the object on the same layer as the object that its being created at.

Does this make sense?

The sprites the objects should be created at are on layer 3...the new objects are being created at the proper X,Y coordinates, BUT on layer 1 instead of layer 3 like they should be.

Again, this works fine in android and IOS, just broken in Flash. But I can verify, the array is loading just fine.

cheers,
    Mike

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Please post an mfa example and add a bug report.

i will check, but i think (i tested a lot) create object in a specific layer did works correctly, maybe is create object by name which is not doing correctly
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, it is ONLY create object by name that has the problem, and only when you create AT AN OBJECT> When you create at an object, it's supposed to automatically spawn it on the same layer as the object... but currently you have it always spawn on the first layer, and NOT on the same layer as the object.

I don't have time atm to create an example, but his is very easy to test. Again, if you create a sprite at another object, it is supposed to create the sprite at the same layer as the object that you are creating it at. I'm sure you having it working properly for creating on a specific layer, at a specified x and y, but this is not the same, When creating AT AN OBJECT, it must be spawned on whatever layer that object is on at the time.,

Thanks,
    Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I shortened my lunch so I could whip up a quick example of the bug. Here it is: http://www.holymonkeystudio.com/post...eByNameBUG.zip

Run in preview, or exported by any other exporter (android, IOS, PC) any you'll see the sad face sprites go on top of the column sprites... but when you export as Flash and run the SWF, you'll see the sad faces go behind the column sprites, because they are not properly spawned on the same layer as the object they are being spawned at.

Thanks,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast