User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online Hi Score not for HTML5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Hi Score not for HTML5?

Hello,

I have been trying for over 2 hours to get the online hiscore tutorial to work for a HTML5 game. I know I set up my DB correctly ecause it works perfectly in WIndows build, but in HTML5 build, it just freezes up when it tries to connect to the server. I reverted back to the php online score tutorial that was uploaded by Sparkman a little while back and I can't get it to run in it's most basic form (nothing added except my php info).

Here's a link to my mfa (actually Sparkman's mfa with my server config) : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...save_score.mfa

If it's supposed to work in HTML5, maybe someone could take a quick peek at the mfa and tell me if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks
    Tom

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, a simpler question would be "does the technique for saving hiscores online work with HTML5?"

Thanks for any reply on this!
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone please tell me if they have sucessfully used the Online Hiscore method detailed by Jeff with HTML5? I'm wondering if there is a bug in the HTML5 module or if it's just me not doing it right. Thank you for any response on this

Tom

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know method by jeff but Hscore works fine this is a very basic exemple in web : http://adebgamesoft.be/test.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adeb,
    Thanks for reply! I wasn't talking about the hiscore object but rather the use of the Get objet and Parser object to store and retrieve hiscores from a php file. But thanks anyways for your reply.

I just wish that I know if this is a bug in CF2.5 or if I have a problem with my server! In any case, I'll just wait for more of the CF2.5 gurus to send me a sign on this I know it'll be awesome if I could get this to work.

Thanks
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I have to build it as a sub-application and put the ccn file on my sever for it to work? I noticed that the tutorial was set to build in sub-app. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what???

It works perfectly as Windows runtime. I put the 3 php files in the public_html level on the server. And yet it does not work. Very frustrating!!

What the hell am I doing wrong?????

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like another CORS issue,
    Since the GET object for the HTML5 Runtime is just a wrapper for the native JavaScript XMLHttpRequest object, it has to obey browser set security restraints,
    one of these being limiting CORS, or Cross Origin Resource Sharing.

This is to prevent loading assets from another web-site without there permission, and as a general security measure again malicious scripts downloading anything off of external servers.

But, because the web is open, CORS is optionally enabled on the server-side, it can be easily turned on, and being that your using PHP, its very simple;
    Add this function to the top of all the PHP files you would like to access with the GET Object:

PHP Code:
    header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *"); 
    This should enable CORS.
    Let me know if that works for you, or if you've already tried enabling CORS and it's still not working.
    Really named Ben Otter, but oh well, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DracisLooby,
    First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reply! I was starting to panic
    I will try your solution at the first chance I get to sit in front of my workstation and will get back to you with the results. Again, thank you for your help, I really need help on this!

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DracisLooby,

I'm sad to report that it still does not work. Here's the link to the test program : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...est/index.html

As you can see, it freezes when it executes the Get Object instructions. I placed the short script that you sent me at the top of each PHP file (config.php, score_script.php and even index.php). I tried removing it/adding it in different configurations still with no sucess.

Is there anyone else having this type of problem? Is the Online hiscore Tutorial supposed to work in HTML5? I still didn't get any response for this key question because if it is that it does not work in HTML5, then I'm wasting my time trying to fix it!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Please let me know if ever you need any music or sound effects

Tom

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not personnaly followed this tutorial.
    As Ben says, there are security restrictions.
    We will work on solving your problem next week.
    Him and I will work on solutions to make things a lot simpler.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast