User Tag List

Thread: Build fails no error message - Old Device

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Build fails no error message - Old Device

Hey CT,

So I have a newish phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) which works perfectly, I can build and run to it with no problems.

I have also an old device (Galaxy GIO) which used to work.. but doesn't any more.. I've just noticed as I'm typing this post that the minimum target is Android 2.3 .. has this always been the case or has something changed? because I was building to this phone and it was working a few weeks ago. (this phone is Android 2.2.1)

When I build and run, Fusion loads for a while... then nothing happens and eventually the build finishes with no errors and it installs nothing on the phone.. If I try to manually install an .apk it says "failed to parse the package"

UPDATE: I rooted the old device and updated the OS to 2.3.1 and the build and run/apks work again for this device. So.. I guess nothing to see here.. though I'm still curious when the minimum target device was increased? cheers!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Because from August Google request to update Ad Mob to Goggle Plays Service which work from 2.3.1 to above, this is the reason why the change was done.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! that phone + 2.2 OS is ancient so I didn't expect it to be supported. Great work as always mate!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks, my pleasure!

here is the last android collection data, froyo is only 0.7% https://developer.android.com/about/...e=ausdroid.net
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...