User Tag List

Thread: Is the platform movement really this buggy?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the platform movement really this buggy?

All i want to do is make a "simple" working platform example (not an actual fully fledged game), just an active that moves, hits obsticles and climbs ladders.

But for some reason I cant get it to do it. alot of backdrops the active simply walks trhough instead of "stopping", yet it will walk on top of it? Ive tried setting the backdrop to obsticle or platform but if i try to use it as a wall it simply walks right through?

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're doing something wrong.

This is how I did a test with the built-in platform movement:

- Create a new Backdrop Object (32*32 pixels) and fill it with a color.
    - Set Obstacle Type to Obstacle.
    - Make a small level (platforms and walls) by duplicating it.
    - Create a new Active Object and give it the Non-Physical Platform Movement.
    - In the event editor, have the Active stop when it collides with the background. Important: Do NOT use the Overlap condition.

This worked for me. The Active object can walk on the backdrop, and cannot walk though the walls.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this works for me on most backdrops, but others the active simply walks through? These are imported "png" files and i have a feeling its somethingt o do with the alpha channel. Even when i "use box collision" the active still walks through?

Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old built-in platform movement or physics platform movement? The physics platform movement isn't very buggy, other than maybe a few things related to ladders, such as ladders teleporting the player and ladders being flat-out glitchy at times (I never said that the bugs it had were minor, I was just saying it wasn't very buggy other than that), and possibly a few other things that aren't related to ladders.

The built-in one, on the other hand...

Don't ever. Use it. For anything. That you want. To be. At all. Stable. I've learned that. The hard. Way.

Anyway, you probably should be using the physics one. If you are using the physics one, then you should report the bugs here: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/