User Tag List

Thread: Equin: The Lantern v1.2CT update released & now on the Clickstore!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equin: The Lantern v1.2CT update released & now on the Clickstore!

Hello guys,

This week the latest and greatest version of my Equin: The Lantern game was released and is now also up on the Clickstore. If you haven't played it yet, there is a free demo for trial and I would be very interested in hearing what you think about it.

There are a lot of original elements to this puppy that I think work very well together to make it stand out a bit from other games like this. The titular lantern changes colors over 5 different phases and during each some gameplay rules are changed for both good and bad. It's up to you to take either Warrior, Thief, or Wizard and learn how each phase affects your play. You can also bribe guildmembers and they'll let you in on some of the helpful tips too.

It's a roguelike RPG with a battle system akin to the Dragon Quest games. There are also some elements of two of my other favorite games Diablo (random loot, champion monsters and etc) and Dark Souls (different weapon "movesets", no clue on what to do at first, trial and error learning curve). Even the original Dungeon Dashers made by fellow clickers was an inspiration for this. Personally, I really think it's the best overall game I've ever completed.

The demo link and clickstore page can be found here:
    http://clickstore.clickteam.com/equin-the-lantern

Thanks for hearing me out and I hope you like it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all!

A quick update on this. I've been reworking the game pretty massively for a few weeks now and a new version (1.3ST) will be coming out in August.

Right now I also have it up on Steam Greenlight and could sure use some assistance getting it through if possible!
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=727282097

As always, there is a demo for this I hope you like!!
    http://dxfgames.com/ETLV1.3ST_DEMO.zip

List of changes / additions / improvements thus far:

*Gamepad support
    *Quit and SAVE feature (finally!)
    *Three starting gifts instead of two
    *A wait / skip your turn command while on the map
    *Retooled 2 handed weapon equip mechanics for warriors
    *Which means the warrior's glove is no longer mandatory and can be scrapped if needed
    *Ability to unequip your gear
    *Auto Kill feature where you can run into weaker enemies on the map and kill them outright and avoid battle (streamlines things quite a bit)
    *New Icebox floor event
    *Spider webs are in the game now and can trap you OR the enemy for some nice strategy
    *Floor Event chances increased
    *Jail Cells can be found now. Open at your own risk!
    *Improved visuals in places w/ more animations for the monsters (just did this last part in the demo yesterday hah)
    *Mushrooms grow in dark or rain floors- eat to heal HP or become hideously poisoned
    *Edible flowers and grass now grow sometimes
    *Teleporting Statue Orbs can show up on later floors
    *Cool things like blood splatters on the walls, wee!
    *New items and maps
    *New music! The cool Rocco W let me use some of his awesome 8 bit tunes which replaced all of my music minus the title theme.

And there's probably more, I'm going off the top of my head. It's like a completely different game and the definitive version for sure.
    This is also getting a permanent price drop regardless to $2.99, and I'll go back and edit the game on the Clickstore with the new version as well once it's out.

Thanks everyone and enjoy this new trailer!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I currently have 221 yes votes for the game on Greenlight but there aren't a ton of views so that might be a good thing.

If you are really bored or really generous can you please check the demo out and (if you like it) toss me an upvote? I am currently planning a new game however it'd be awesome to have two up on Steam in the meantime.

Thanks a lot!!