User Tag List

Thread: Custom Physics Car Movement

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Physics Car Movement

So the built in "race car" movement with the physics engine is kind of lack lustre.. I can't imagine anyone making a good game using that movement. I was playing around today and made this (Once I started I couldn't stop, I had a lot of fun using Fusion *not* working on a project, like the good old days!) This is not a realistic physics movement with joints etc. just an old school style racer that happens to use the box2D objects.

I'm not much of a racing game fan (or cars in general) so I don't actually know much about car movements or the way they should actually work.. so the drifting/hand break turns etc. are probably wrong, but they're at least fun to control IMO. This also has a simple car acceleration/rev sound "system". Seeing as I still don't really understand a lot of the physics engine movements, maybe there's a much better way of getting the same result, so feel free to show me! If anyone wants to improve it (I added collisions in the last 10 minutes so I'm sure they could be improved) or make a game from it, go right ahead! I probably won't take this any further.

The controls are:
    Z= Accelerate
    X= Break / Handbreak turn
    Left/Right Arrow Keys = Steer
    C= Horn (why not? )

PhysicsCar.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun as, I love the skid effect. This could be utilised in a game for sure. Nice work Dave

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice example! I tried to make something sort of like this myself, but it wasn't nearly as good as this, and I figured it wasn't really worth releasing. Maybe one day I'll release it, but, since this is better, maybe not.

P.S. The fact that you went through the extra effort to add a car horn in makes me laugh, since it's the sort of thing that is completely optional and rarely seen in games. LOL. Nice touch!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Dave. Skid effects are great. Thanks for posting this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool! I made something similar earlier (before 2.5), but never managed to get collisions right, so thanks for this

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is incredibly well done. I was trying to do this but couldn't, but then found this post. So much you can learn from this MFA.
    Thank you for sharing it Dave. It boosted my fusion 2.5 knowledge significantly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want here is the mfa of my first versionvoiture6.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done. I have similar with not Box2d included. Well, it sucks compared to this, i don't even have a horn.