Paid request - Some basic optimization

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • I'm making a side scroller with lots of things your weird dodo (my avatar) can destroy or push over. The game is meant for Android phones. The more objects per frame, the slower it gets (regardless of them being outside the window).

To this post is an attachment of my project with the heaviest level, minus many bells and whistles so there's a clearer view on the culprits (the physics objects). In the top right is a counter showing the FPS. On an Galaxy S Advance, It often drops to 30fps and I want it to stay above 50fps without having to sacrifice objects.
    There is not much code left, but I have too little experience to optimize it properly, or find which pieces of code require it. I'm sure there is much about my game that I made more complex than needed.

I'm willing to transfer $10 to your PayPal if you could optimize my code (without deleting codes please, because for instance many values are necessary in the complete game), especially the way the objects are handled. I think that an array might be necessary to memorize the coordinates and place the objects once you're near. I understand that it will require more work to convert my game to such a mechanic, so in that case I will make it $15.

Please take a look at the attached project to see if you can and would like to help me out here. :)

• Sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice your post until now. I got a volunteer to help me.

What I needed is solved in a completely different way for each app. I needed someone to look at my events and see what codes were unnecessarily long or inefficient.

In the end it turned out that my game was simply too complex, so I just overhauled the entire gameplay. There is not even a physics engine in it anymore. You might be lucky though.. in the next Fusion update there's a performance improvement in general and (I believe) in the physics as well.

Please login to see this link.
    (because you can)

• Thanks for this, I'm looking at doing some large scale physics stuff in the future but keeping everything running at a decent framerate is one of my top concerns. Your response allows me to get a feel for what my expectations should be which will help me (and others) in the future.

Please login to see this link.

• I personally don't have severe performance issues when using the physics object, even on already-laggy runtimes like Android (though I am trying to handle my levels in a way where it only loads small level segments instead of a full level all at once). However, I am using one of the beta versions of CF2.5 if I remember correctly, so that may have something to do with it, though I don't believe it was the latest beta.

My Please login to see this link. (which I actually use), my Please login to see this link. (which I mostly don't use), and my Please login to see this link. (which I don't use anymore pretty much at all really). If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now. XD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!