User Tag List

Thread: Surface object ignoring layers in standard mode?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surface object ignoring layers in standard mode?

I have a really fustrating issue. Ive found quite a few obejcts dont working in HWA mode which MMF2.5 defaults to.

So to get around this i use standard and the issue im facing is it doesnt matter what layer I have the surface on, when I scroll the layer or move it the surface comes above all other objects, it flicks, somtimes stays above sometimes doesnt?

What is the solution to this as at the moment its either dont use surface which isnt an option, or use direct3D which means im limited by extensions and means i still cant develop my applciation?

Below shows what i am referring to.

problem1.mfa

Thanks
    Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which extensions did you want to use aren't compatible with HWA? 99% of the extensions out there that aren't compatible with HWA have been abandoned anyway, meaning that, if you encounter a serious bug in them that absolutely needs to be fixed to continue your project, then they will never, ever get fixed, meaning your project will never ever get finished just because of an extension getting abandoned.

The thing is, you shouldn't use standard display mode for any games of any sort, since standard display mode uses the CPU to render stuff instead of the GPU, which, put simply, means that even the best gaming computers in existence can still lag when running it.

However, if you are instead making an application, then it is acceptable.