User Tag List

Thread: So tricky, but I'm sure the solution is a very simple one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tricky, but I'm sure the solution is a very simple one.

tricky.jpg

There are blocks that can explode. Every other block caught in the explosion also explodes (chain reaction). This goes fast, so for performance, I want to get rid of the "create explosion sprite", and change it with an explosion animation in the block itself.
    So what I thought was very simple. Bomb falls on block. Block plays explode (walking) animation. Every surrounding block overlapped by a block playing the explode animation, also starts playing the explode animation.

Easy? Not for the likes of me. Because how on earth do I make it clear in the condition, that I mean the first block should play the animation in order to affect the other?

I tried it as shown in the picture and it had a very bizarre result, as if my computer screen tried to open a black hole.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your blocks explode in a chain reaction, perhaps that's why all the blocks next to the exploding block are also exploding. Without seeing your full code it's hard to say exactly what's causing it.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No this is actually the first time the order of the conditions' setup turned out to be important, so it's lack of experience that caused things to go wrong. Glad I figured it out now, though.

If you have these conditions:
    - Block overlaps Block
    - Block Value A = 0

It checks if the second block has Value A = 0

But if you have these:
    - Block Value A = 0
    - Block overlaps Block

It checks if the first block has Value A = 0

Might be really straightforward for most, but I just never got to deal with this being important.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I would avoid using the Walking animation unless you are using the built in movements. And if that is the case, make a custom movement and stop using the Walking animation. You can run into problems if you aren't familiar with how MMF handles these premade animations.

As for your problem, it sounds like you just need to "mark" the surrounding block in some way, so that they know to explode. One solution would be to create a detector object. Then use a fastloop to position the detector on each side of the bomb/exploding block (anything that can affect a surrounding block) and detect if it overlaps with a neutral block. Then mark that block (I would suggest using a Flag). When the loop is done, have a condition that destroys the blocks with the Flag ON. But also realize that all the explosions will trigger at the exact same time using this method. You need to create a variable int he block objects that acts as a delay if you want to have each block explode one after the other.

If you need an example, let me know.