User Tag List

Thread: Large file size on ios

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large file size on ios

Does anyone know why the file size of my game is so much larger when I export for iOS? For android and PC my game is 24.3mb, but it's coming out at 87.2mb on iOS. The only difference between versions is admob on android and iad on the other, it's the exact same game otherwise so I'm not sure what is causing such a drastic difference.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know the cause of this?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change the Color resolution.
    Also what is the size of the mfa ?
    2nd.. All the images you put in, are included... so for the main images it's already 4-10 Mb (or more), just for that...
    I know my App was at some point 58 Mb and I changed the color to 65535 instead of 16 million, and the filesize was only 14 Mb
    Big difference..
    (Make a copy of your MFA first, and then change the color setting. you will see that the MFA will shrink bigtime)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mfa is 35.1 Mb, changing the color res brought the mfa down to 21.9 Mb but when I built the final xcode project it came out to 81 Mb. Building it as a .cci also comes out to 87.9 Mb. So the file size savings was about 10 mb. I feel like I'm missing a step here where it's including stuff that isn't necessary to the final game in the application file. Seems odd that it'd be 60mb bigger than the android version when it is the same game outside of one have the iOS and iOS Store object and the other having the android ones.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm interesting..
    I know IOS is bigger..
    my Logic game is 17 MB on Android and 35-50 Mb on IOS
    I reduced it by changing the graphics from Hires to low resolution (for loading the game etc), and it came down to like 20 Mb
    But without seeing it, it's hard to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What else would even be taking up that extra space for iOS outside of images?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be related to sound files, but since everything is converted to mp3, that shouldn't be going up. Are you building the release build or just a project build and updating the cci?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just hit the nail on the head I believe, it's the sound files. I was using .ogg files for Android and I guess it's converting them for iOS. There are 8 songs in the game and I took them out just to see and it dropped the file 60mb. I'll have to import the music differently for it to fit on iOS it would appear, thanks for the tip!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I used to save everything as ogg and wav and let the exporter convert them to mp3 automatically. But the ogg's would make enormous files, so I just made mp3 versions of everything manually. I wish ogg's were the standard, but you can blame Apple on this one. Glad you found the issue.