User Tag List

Thread: Apple Approving processing is getting picky

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple Approving processing is getting picky

I can't believe that they rejected my App D:

"We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 8 and iPhone 5s running iOS 8, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, we received the attached error when attempting to view scores.
    "

and guess what... it's a 404 error, cause the site is under maintenance by my host..

this is BS..

So make sure that your site, if you are hosting scores etc.. is up and running... cause they will reject the app, if the site is down.
    There goes another week of waiting... sigh ....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, I had that happen years ago, so its nothing new. My site was down for 30 minutes and it happened to be when my game was being reviewed. I simply re-submitted and it took them another 4 or 5 days to approve. I was mad at the time but i got over it.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess so lol..
    Happened 2 x now..
    Just had the feeling with IOS 8, that they we're more picky about it..
    Now I need to hope it will let me submit it again, since it went to Xcode 6 in between..

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha that sucks, good to know.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it submitted again...
    now we wait another week..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course they will reject an app if there are extremely easy to spot bugs. Apple have a fairly high level of quality control (compared to the Play store), and having them reject your app because there was a problem on your end was not "BS". It was a fair assumption based on the app that was presented to them. They can't read your mind and say "oh, yeah Perry's going to have the highscore script up soon, it'll be okay". They have literally no idea it isn't just a bug you missed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should code your game so that if the server is down, online scores should be temporarily deactivated. In one of my games, I saved all scores locally and submitted them whenever the user was online. Doing this you also need to make sure the user cannot fiddle around with the locally stored textfiles. I made a system that detected if the files had been messed with. It is more work on your part, but this way you make sure that the game will always work.