Thread: Wine User: Clipboard - Internal Application Error

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Exclamation Wine User: Clipboard - Internal Application Error

Hello all.

I know running Fusion via Wine isn't officially supported by Clickteam, but it runs pretty damn well for both Mac and Linux users. This fairly new issue with the clipboard is causing Fusion to bring up the dreaded message "Internal Application Error" :

InternalAppError.jpg

Starting with Wine 1.7.23 (baring in mind these are considered 'development' builds at this time of writing), it seems that pasting from the clipboard in the expression editor halts it from 'working'. The workaround is to downgrade to an older Wine version, where 1.7.22 and below seem unaffected.

It's easy to replicate:

1. Start up Fusion with a new, blank application.
    2. Go to the Event Editor and create the condition "Start of Frame"
    3. "Set global string" and type something, copy it to the clipboard, then cancel it.
      Pasting it within the same 'instance' of the expression editor it was copied from from doesn't seem to cause an error.
    4. Go back to "Set global string" and try pasting it, the error occurs.

I've tested the free version in a clean prefix (as referred to as a 'bottle' on Mac) on these Linux distributions and all encounter this error:
    • Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)
    • Lubuntu 14.04 (32-bit)

This could be a bug related to Wine. Regardless, this may pose a problem in future, particularly as the Mac runtime is based on Wine.
    OR this may be down to something under the hood of Fusion 2.5, so I've reported it to the BugBox just in case.

If any Wine users (>= version 1.7.23) out there could test to see if this affects them, that would be appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Hi, although i cant help with the particular error im just intruiged, do you use winebottler to run MMF?

Thanks
    Andy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

I use the plain vanilla Wine under Ubuntu, but the latest, development builds.

There's frontends (both paid and free) which are useful for managing prefixes ("bottles") like Winebottler [Mac] (as you mentioned), Crossover [Mac/Linux], Wineskin [Mac], PlayOnMac and PlayOnLinux (I use this one on my main machine)

If you're curious, you can always grab a Linux distro for absolutely free and have a play around

In the case of Fusion 2.5 (and before that, MMF2), they've been running great, until recently with this error, which I can't identify what's at stake here. I think it may be something down to the persistent syntax checking, but without knowing what causes this error message in the first place, it's awkward to find a fix for.

Clickteam Clickteam
    I just want to clarify that the Mac Runtime is not Wine based, apps and games are built with a native runtime. The Mac editor however will be Wine based.