User Tag List

Thread: Interstitial Ads for Admob are crashing the app

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interstitial Ads for Admob are crashing the app

I am having a weird issue with Interstitial ads, I can make the ad show up, but when I try to dismiss it it crashes the application.
    I am testing in a Galaxy S2 with CM 10.1.3-9100 // Which is Android 4.2.2. // Tried with API 19 and 20 but nothing changed.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

I read this thread, which details the same issue I am seeing but I still haven't found what's causing it to break:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/85981-Admob-Interstitial-crashing

fwtep:
    I'm getting a consistent crash when dismissing Admob interstitials. I'm sure everything is set right, because I've copied and checked against the sample scenes. Plus, the setup isn't rocket science: 1) Make interstitial request, 2) On Interstitial Ready, show interstitial, 3) On Dismissed Screen destroy interstitial and jump to next frame (it crashes even without the "jump to next frame" bit). The debug log shows an error on dismissing the screen:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent several hours tweaking stuff, and then I noticed that any empty app I created with just interstitial ads worked perfectly until I added an animated active. After I noticed this, I did a ton of tests, changed parameters, removed things, deleted actives on runtime, stopped animations on runtime but nothing helped. Then I tried adding animations to the example of FVivolo from the other thread and noticed that his example did not crashed after coming back from the AD. So, taking this into account I compared all the variables of his app, permissions, etc. and noticed that he had 4.3 in "Android Target Version", while I had 2.3 / 2.3.1 / 2.3.2. Changed that and now my app works like a charm.

I tested this on the latest beta 232.3e.

Just leaving this here in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Best Regards,