User Tag List

Thread: MMF2 freeze when testing game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down MMF2 freeze when testing game

-I test my game

-I close the test window

-MMF2 is still locked up

-Must go into Task Manager and close edrt.exe EVERY TIME I test my game/close it

-Will go insane if I have to do that throughout the development of my entire game

-This happens when I try to make a project that is 60FPS/DirectX, or if the code is complex, or anything beyond the most basic of games. I completed a simple game without this glitch happening, and now that i'm trying to make a sequel better, MMF2 doesn't work.

-I installed it directly from the disk and updated to the latest version, it still does not work.

-Win 7 x64

-I have a video of it but this forum doesn't allow me to post it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multimedia Fusion 2 has stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MMF2.exe
    Application Version: 3.0.257.12
    Application Timestamp: 5159ab45
    Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52d49206
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 5f47cd89
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5097
    Additional Information 2: 5097525d06b7861a228d88ce59c265bb
    Additional Information 3: 9686
    Additional Information 4: 9686189e355183141005498f06aafe23

This comes up every time I close the program. It comes up AFTER I close it but it could relate to the problem somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed Quicktime, that doesn't come up anymore, but testing my game STILL freezes MMF2.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you register your products, you'll be able to obtain the latest version of MMF2 which should provide some useful updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "-I installed it directly from the disk and updated to the latest version, it still does not work."

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean DirectX or Direct3D? If you mean DirectX, and you don't have the option for Direct3D 8 or 9, then you are running an old version. If you do have the option for Direct3D 8 or 9, use those instead of DirectX if you were using DirectX. Also, if you register your copy of MMF2 here, then I believe there were some (stable) beta versions that were never released as a final version before CF2.5 was released, though I could be wrong about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Do you mean DirectX or Direct3D? If you mean DirectX, and you don't have the option for Direct3D 8 or 9, then you are running an old version. If you do have the option for Direct3D 8 or 9, use those instead of DirectX if you were using DirectX. Also, if you register your copy of MMF2 here, then I believe there were some (stable) beta versions that were never released as a final version before CF2.5 was released, though I could be wrong about that.
    @happygreenfrog

Your suggestion worked! Thank you so much!

MAN, you don't know how happy I am!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! The DirectX option is kinda useless now, since, from my understanding, it uses the deprecated DirectDraw API, whereas Direct3D is perhaps the most-used DirectX API, meaning it probably won't be deprecated for a long, long time (probably only if and when DirectX itself is deprecated LOL).