User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Window Top Most with Clicks Under App?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Top Most with Clicks Under App?

Hi!

I'm trying to make an application that sits over other applications, which I've got working mostly. However I can't yet figure how to make sure clicks are not registered on the application even if I click on it. I basically, upon even, want it to ignore all clicks.

FWIW, I already have set it to be top most with the Window Control object. This application is for Windows, so any extension recommendations is in the cards.

Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to achieve here? I mean the actual function your app/game will have?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon! Thanks for responding.

The application is an overlay with images to be used as reference while painting or sculpting, and I want it to simply be used as reference over my work in progress without any interaction with the this the application I'm making (with on/off toggle of course).

I've used it for a few years now, but it's always been interactive, and I want it to be passive and ignore clicks, to let clicks pass through so I can paint and sculpt under the application.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah right. Well, there is a property which windows windows have in their extended properties, named WS_EX_TRANSPARENT. Setting this flag on should make mouse events drop through to the window/surface below which is half the battle.

I think you might be able to set this with the Win Message Pro object, included in Dev. I've really never tried this from fusion however so it'll take some playing around. The send message or send window message (I forget) might be what you need to set the flag from Fusion... that should help you search for what you need on Google either way.

Good luck!

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Simon! That is incredibly helpful. I really appreciate it. If I need any more help, I'll be sure to post in this thread. Thanks again.

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I found 0x00000020L for WS_EX_TRANSPARENT. I tried inputting the number into Win Message Pro as a message, and of course it doesn't like it because it views it as a mixed string/value, I also tried the text "WS_EX_TRANSPARENT", which it didn't like either. I also tried inputting it both (the hex and text) as a custom Window Style, with no joy there either.

What would you recommend? This area is a little new to me, so sorry for my ignorance here.

Thanks!

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thread:

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/73679-Sphax-Kernel-Object-Custom-Window-Styles

Though trying what LB says, isn't working in the calculator... Any help is appreciated.

Some more info for reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.60%29.aspx

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have figured out some information, but I really need help with one thing: How can I input a number into the Expression editor that has alpha characters? For example these numbers:

0x00080000

0x08000000

0x20

And how can I add these numbers and make sure that the leading zeros are not removed? Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's possible but here is another starting point.

Maybe you can use the Shared Data object in both applications.
    The upper application sets different values to the current mouse position (if needed) and click status.
    The second application reads these values and simulates the position and click status via the Control X object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I think it won't work to simulate a click that way.

But you can execute the "on mouse click actions" when the upper application sends the click command via the Shared Data object.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast