User Tag List

Thread: Slicing action like 'Icebreaker' game, is it possible in Fusion???

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slicing action like 'Icebreaker' game, is it possible in Fusion???

I've seen many games and IOS apps be able to slice an object into separate parts e.g.. 'Fruit ninja'.
    'Ice breaker' is another physics game that uses this concept in a novel way.'Slice Fractions' is another great example.

Here's a link to an on-line example of 'Ice Breaker': http://www.bubblebox.com/play/puzzle/1244.htm

Can Fusion's Physics engine do this? Does anyone have any ideas? It would be an amazing style of game to develop.

Ice Breaker.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked up the developer website and it was made using Box2D physics. How on earth did they achieve this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL i tried the game but i cnt figure out what the game does or the controllers lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You draw lines and cut the ice Sparckman.

Well at the moment I have no solution as I have zero knowledge on the physics stuff. What could work is having the interactive elements all drawn to an surface and then when a player cuts from it you could save the cut image area to an temp file and load it as active picture object with physics and remove the stuff from the surface. The object should now drop down. No idea if this really works.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, if anyone works this out please post

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could actually be made possible in Fusion if the breakable ice is represented by a huge 2d array, describing each pixel and it's color and some data (non ice, transparent, or ice pixel, with color in it).

The 2d array would be rendered as an image at Start of level, and after each break it will be re-rendered acordingly, along with another 2d array representation of the broken piece.
    About physics to the broken piece, you'de have to right the code for movement and behavior yourself :-/

Hell of a project, good luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been a while since i played Fruit Ninja but i dont remember the slicing being dynamic, so a way to do it would be to create 2 sliced objects when you destroy the full fruit

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFrezi View Post
    This could actually be made possible in Fusion if the breakable ice is represented by a huge 2d array, describing each pixel and it's color and some data (non ice, transparent, or ice pixel, with color in it).

The 2d array would be rendered as an image at Start of level, and after each break it will be re-rendered acordingly, along with another 2d array representation of the broken piece.
    About physics to the broken piece, you'de have to right the code for movement and behavior yourself :-/

Hell of a project, good luck.
    Not sure why you're reviving an ancient thread, but anyway, what you suggest would be spectacularly slow.
    It's just one of those things that CF2.5 is very, very poorly suited to, whereas it's a relatively straightforward effect in any engine that uses polygons and gives you control over vertex positions.
    If you were dead set on using CF2.5, then a custom shader would be the way to go, but honestly, I would use a different tool or make a different game.