User Tag List

Thread: Custom Highscore table with custom font - is this possible

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Custom Highscore table with custom font - is this possible

Hi, could you please tell me if it is possible to create a custom highscore table with custom (bitmap) fonts.
    I have a highscore at the end of my game - using the standard highscore extension. But I would like the look of the table and the font to be different from the standard TTF.
    Can I use my own bitmap fonts - do I need to convert my bitmap font to TTF format so they can be used on the highscore?
    Also is there a method to changing the actual look of the table?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The "Graphic Font" extension allows you to use bitmap fonts in your HTML5 apps. The font will replace any text objects among the following: String, Counter, Questions & Answer, Score and Lives. Unfortunately the Hi-Score object isn't supported.

About the look of the table, displaying the Hi-Score object on screen is not mandatory. You can use the object to store and sort the scores only, and then display its data via String objects for example. This allows you to use any visual design you wish. The data of the Hi-Score object is available via two expressions:
    Code:
    Hiscore name$( "Hi-Score", >index< ) //returns the player name string according to an index
    Hiscore( "Hi-Score", >index< ) //returns the player score value according to an index
    So to display a nice looking custom leaderboard, my advice is to use a combination of Hi-Score, Graphic Font and String objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, is it possible to create a custom Hi-score (font or look of the table) in Flash?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it is possible. To use a graphical font you would have to either use:
    - The Character Image extension. I've never used it so I don't know if it works correctly.
    - A complete custom system with Actives for individual characters. This can get very complicated, but there are examples on the forum. This one from Nifflas and this example from an external website.

Also if you are happy with a font from your system, and if you don't mind using a single plain color for it, you can embed that font in your Flash application. More details about this in the Help > Distributing your application > SWF files for Adobe Flash Player > Embedding fonts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, thank you for the help again. I will take a look :-).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have setup the expression, but I keep getting an error. Could you help - what am I meant to put as the >index< is it meant to be the string object name???

Hiscore name$( "Hi-Score", >index< )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have setup the expression, but I keep getting an error. Could you help - what am I meant to put as the >index< is it meant to be the string object name???

Hiscore name$( "Hi-Score", >index< )

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The index is an integer value. The Hi-Score object uses 1-based indexing (that's not the case for all objects). So to get the name and score of the 1st entry in the table, you'd use the following expressions:
    Code:
    Hiscore name$( "Hi-Score", 1 )
    Hiscore( "Hi-Score", 1 )
    If you want to display the score value in a text object, like a String for example, you have to convert the value into a string by using Str$ in the Expression Editor:
    Code:
    String: Set alterable string to Str$(Hiscore( "Hi-Score", 1 ))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much - I will try this when I get home from work. The help is really appreciated.