User Tag List

Thread: Extra lives every 20,000 points

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra lives every 20,000 points

I've looked all over and can't find a fix for this and it seems like a total noob question but for the life of me i can't figure out how to set my game to where every 20,000 points it gives the player and extra life The only way i got it to work was making an event for "score counter is greater than 20000 = add 1 to lives". Im using a counter with custom number pictures but im adding to the built in "player" lives.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make a counter that adds what you add to the score. Every 20000> of the counter add a life and subtract 20000 from it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dude, ive tried that but in doing that it resets the score counter back to zero whereas i'd like to if at all possible keep accumulating score as you go on. Is there any way to do that without actually wiping the score back down to zero every 20,000?

EDIT: Actually, wouldn't my score counter work as the "counter" for this? and just pair it up with the built in player score? Im afraid i'd have to go back through every single frame adding this score counter to add to the player score and that'd be a huge pain lol, i'd almost just say to hell with it and just reset the score counter every 20,000 if thats the case, i got a TON of frames lol. Basically i think what i'd need is an event that any time score is added to the score counter, it adds to the player counter then when it reaches it's 20k it gives the one up and resets just the player score counter and not the actual score counter if that makes any sense lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thats basically the idea. The issue you will have is the counter carrying over from frame to frame if that is the case. That being the case, I would recommend a global value instead. Anytime a score is added to the visible player score, add it to a global value. When that global value exceeds 20000, subract 20000. Because if the player earned say 21000 you would not want to set it to 0, since they still would technically have 1000 points surplus to go towards the next 1up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies man, makes sense Do you know of a way to set a global event that adds to the global score value every time the "score" value gets added to? If i try using global events to stretch across frames if ends up adding the 19,999-20,000+ to the counter and it just keeps adding 1up every new frame i go into. Im thinking i may just have to take the long way around and just go back and add all this to all the enemies, which sucks because they are behavior based mostly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use two Global Values. One is the Score and the other one is the "Add" Value to change the score.
    For example if the the "Add" value isn't 0 (e.g. was set to 100), 100 will be added to the score and "Add" will be set to 0.
    So you also can subtract values just by setting "Add" to a negative value.

There is also another simple way for the new live every 20000 points:

If Value_EarnedLives <> Score mod 20000 then
    - set Value_EarnedLives = Score mod 20000
    - add 1 to Lives

If Score is bigger than 20000: Score mod 20000 = 1, if it is bigger than 40000: Score mod 20000 = 2
    So you can easily use this "mod" result to get notified when the next 20000 is reached.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An other simple way : Create two counters. The first one si hidden the second one is visible.
    You add the same score points to each counter. The first one you program each 20000 you add 1 live. The second one you accumulate score ...
    Like that, you don't care about first counter turning back to zero.