This guide describes a technique allowing to wrap the position of game objects around the screen in a visually seamless manner. Beginners to advanced users are covered!
Let's assume that you want to design a game where the player moves to the other side of the screen when he leaves it. Be it from the left to the right, from the bottom to the top, and vice versa. This is a pretty fun feature that is used in various games such as Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros. 2, Bubble Bobble, Kid Icarus or Asteroids.
The technique described in this guide:
- runs under all runtimes
- requires no extensions or fastloops
- is suitable for fixed-screen or scrolling games
- is suitable for all screen sizes and ratios
- is applicable to any game object (players, enemies, items)
- offers an introduction to objects pairing (parent / child)
I hope that you will find it useful!
Read this guide online: http://bit.ly/1teHJej
Lisez ce guide en franšais: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/89146