User Tag List

Thread: Html5 fonts on Pc and ios: Helvetica Neue Lt

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Html5 fonts on Pc and ios: Helvetica Neue Lt

I read here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=203031388 That Helvetica would work, both on pc and on ios devices.
    Unfortunately it does not on my app (pc works, ios uses the standard system font). Am I missing something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using custom fonts relies on the device/computer to have it installed, which is why there are "web safe" fonts that browsers have as standard.

Your app, for instance, would also revert to the default font on my system because I don't have any "Helvetica" font installed.

You'd have to double check which fonts are available for iOS, particularly if different iOS versions include other fonts or if Apple altered the name of them.

What you could use instead is web fonts by adding some extra code to the index.html page. Take a look at Google Fonts: https://www.google.com/fonts

Unfortunately, the Helvetica Neue font isn't available on there, but there are many others to choose from that will work consistently on any device, even if they don't have that font installed.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey lh37 thx for your answer. So what you are saying is:
    - I set my strings to one of the web fonts - export my (final) game with the html5 exporter
    - then i open the index.html file
    - add those lines (adding some extra code)
    - then it should work, right?

If so: fantastic and thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's what I'm saying. It works for my project on the desktop and Android, so I would assume iOS should be able to "embed" the font too.

You'd probably want to install a copy for Windows too, so your chosen font works inside Fusion too and not just the web browser.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Soon I'll implement Google fonts for HTML5. I've got all the routines from another project...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great Francois!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there! Are there any news about how to implement or use different fonts with the html5 exporter?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For the moment I think the best solution in HTML5 apps is to use the Graphic Font object that allows you to include font bitmaps in your application.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just import google font and some other fonts in the HTML file and it will work. For non-google fonts just be sure that you give the exact same name of the font than the font selected in MMF
    I think Graphic Font is a waste of ressources if you're using simple flat font without any effects.

Just take care with custom font in active button... font can become invisible in theses objects... workaround is to change button's font color after 1 second