Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post 3D games With fusion2.5

HI all clickers
    I want to discuss some thing with you
    Can i use fusion 2.5 to develop 3D games "browser games "
    There is some objects like 3d mesh and 3d active and webgl objects in fusion 2.5
    Can i use these objects to make a 3d game ?
    And if i can do it what i will need to make it and what objects can i develop to complete my game with fusion 2.5 ?
    Thanks For all

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current 3D objects are Windows-only for the most part, and I don't know of any Flash or HTML5 extensions that give 3D support. The main problem is that each platform that Fusion can export to has different support for 3D - either specialized extensions need to be made for each case or one lowest-common-denominator extension with very limited functionality can be made to work on all platforms.

The first step to getting a 3D extension made is to decide what platform you want your game/app to run on. If you want it to run in the browser you can choose between Flash and HTML5.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I need to elaborate on this a little more.

Clickteam made a 3D dev tool a while ago and it was called Jamagic!
    It fell flat on it's face because you had to script for it. No one liked this.. Sorry but this is how most 3d engines work in the real world and you have to get used to it.
    Jamagic was a step in the right direction for 3D but as everyone liked the simplicity of drag and drop point and click the user base was not large enough and it was laid to rest.

Multimedia Fusion and Fusion 2.5 although very capable development tools will not make creating a 3D game as easy as what is currently available from other publishers.
    I know there are a lot of 3D engines already out there like Unreal, CryEngine and Rage to name a few but these are already geared up to cater for next gen gaming. I would not expect CT to get anywhere near to the standard of these 3D engines and development environments needed to run them within the next year.

There are 3D objects that will display 3d meshes/objects but the 3d Engines are old and slow and coding 3d routines for a 3D in MMF/Fusion is just too slow going. So slow that attempts have been made and for what ever reason the Developer working on the object gave up.

Now I don't want to tread on any ones dreams here. Don't get me wrong I really love what CT have done over the years and the dev environment is great when you use it with 2D or pseudo 3D objectives in mind. It's not hard to Fudge a 3D effect but at the end of the day it's not true 3D. Although it would be nice to have the ability for real mesh related handling and 3d physics with all the texturing and lighting quality of open worlds that you see in 4k resolutions these days, you won't see it on a Clickteam product.

I have started reading the following book

If you still fancy starting out with 3D gaming I would suggest having a good read up on what goes into the full development cycle

If you want to jump in now then head on over to blender.org and grab blender. This has everything you need to start out creating 3d objects as well as a game engine and export function. You will need to learn python but it's not an unknown language today.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're being a bit too pessimistic - there aren't really that many blockades between us and a good, fast 3D extension other than finding someone with the skill to make it and the knowledge of Fusion to make it feel natural to use.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I ever learn C++, which I personally find unlikely due to the fact that I remember it being overly complex last time I tried learning it, I probably would give making a 3D extension a shot. As it stands, I am actually starting to learn HTML5 (as of now only the actual HTML5 side of HTML5 and not the Javascript yet), though not WebGL yet and probably not any time soon. However, it is more comfortable to me than C++ and a lot of other programming languages, though I also love Python even with only the little of it I know, I actually do want to learn it more, but I don't know where or how to get the lesson I used to learn the amount I do know, so I don't know how that will happen reasonably, and I'm getting sidetracked so back to HTML5 talk.

I'm not saying I am currently and may ever be up for the task, but it's something I'd love to do if I had the know-how. I've been using TGF2/MMF2DEV (I skipped MMF2)/CF2.5DEV for, um, let me think... more than 5 years now, I think? So while I'm probably not the most knowledgeable CF2.5/MMF2 user ever, I have used it for a while, so I probably would know how to make it usable if I could actually make it, though there is also the problem that I don't know the math that would almost certainly be necessary for 3D movements and such (I'm on Algebra 1, what would you expect?), but still, I would really like to, if I had the know-how to do so, make a 3D extension for CF2.5. In case you are wondering, I did get a little bit of progress on a simple OpenGL collection engine. It never really got too far, since, as I've already stated, I don't really know the math necessary for 3D movement and collision detection and such (that and I could never get the normals (something used for lighting) positioned correctly so I kinda got stumped and, since nobody ever seemed to bother trying to fix it, I gave up), but it may be worth looking at to see what is possible if you are willing to attempt to use the XLua object and the OpenGL collection: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82144-An-early-look-at-my-OpenGL-engine?p=603174&viewfull=1#post603174

And for the old version with the necessary DLL file: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82144-An-early-look-at-my-OpenGL-engine?p=602851&viewfull=1#post602851

And for the OpenGL collection (if the link hasn't broken): http://community.clickteam.com/threads/82144-An-early-look-at-my-OpenGL-engine?p=602879&viewfull=1#post602879

Another reason I gave up was that, whenever I went onto ClickConverse to ask for help on the issue (and a bazillion other OpenGL collection and old OpenGL object-related issues), pretty much everyone just said "MMF2 isn't for 3D" and also quite often added "use Unity instead for 3D", or the rare, and, quite frankly, much more helpful "I don't know, ask someone else" (obviously these weren't quite always worded this exact way, but it was the general idea). Even rarer were the occasional "sure I can help", for them to actually try, and, sometimes succeed and sometimes fail (nobody ever helped with the lighting issue though, I don't think). I'm kinda almost suspicious they didn't really know the answer, and they were just refusing to say "I don't know" directly, though I can't 100% be sure.

Anyway, if you really want to make 3D games in CF2.5, then I'm sure you can, though it may entail hiring someone to make an extension for you, and you finding an extension developer who is fine with doing so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally for 3D on Windows, I've been creating stuff with FPS creator and now with FPS Reloaded and it works amazingly well and uses a very simpe scripting language. I actually have 2 educatonal games published (in French) which I developed with this engine and this, to me, is my 3D solution until one day (if ever) CF implements a 3D engine.
    Here is a link to what I have done with FPS creator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlUQi5m2CpE (skip ahead to 2:30 to see game)
    And also this one published last summer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXEzBn59W2c

Hope this helps

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks For all of you for these useful information
    I have my own company now and build my own extension development team
    some one advice me to make a 2.5D game isometric view with fusion 2.5 its look great and so may games using this view
    can any one help me of how i can make like this games in fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have tried and epically failed to make Isometric games several times. I personally don't know how to do it, but there are a few examples scattered about the community that may help you get started. The only problem is that some of them use Windows-only extensions, and most of the ones that don't use Windows-only objects don't seem to generally support height, rendering the ones without Windows-only objects fairly useless. You may want to search the forums for some of those examples. I can't look for them myself because it is getting really late where I am right now, so I don't really have time to do so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks i know that it canbe done in fusion2.5
    we will develop our own extensions for this view in Windows and particular run-times

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, does that mean you are making new isometric extensions? Cross-platform ones (or at least more than Windows)? And, if that does mean that, then will they be publicly released in any way, shape, or form? Even if not for free (if paid then probably from the Clickstore I'd imagine)?

Since, if that is what you are saying, then that's awesome! It's been ages since we've gotten any kind of 3D extension at all, and I personally have been wanting to make some isometric games, some of which I'd maybe still want to be isometric even if we did get full-on 3D extensions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast