Thread: Quiz object messing up my game

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiz object messing up my game

Hi all,

So i am making a prototype quiz game and am having real issues with the quiz object.

Basically I have a counter that increases every time the player gets a question wrong or right.

As the counter increases it changes the animations on 4 contestants to show if they are in/out (red/green) and who's go it is.

The counter resets back to 0 when it reaches a certain value.

I have also go little markers over the contestants heads that go visible/invisible on certain counter vales to show who's go it is.

So this is all really simple stuff and everything works absolutely fine when i increase the counter value using a button.

Then I add my quiz object...

I increase the counter using the condition that 'current page question is correct' , 'Button has been clicked' and 'limited if it loops'.

Theoretically everything should work, the counters all go as expected . But it's like the quiz object has a mental effect on the animations and visibility of the player indicators.

Basically, is the quiz object horribly bugged? Is there a workaround?

I have attached the file in question, I would love it if someone could please help me out.

Cheer,

Tom
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Tom ,
    I have good news.
    I spent some time studying your app and here's the workaround : in the properties of the quiz object ,UNCHECK the 'display as background" option.
    That was it, but it was not easy to figure out.
    I'm also an educator , I'm no expert user of fusion and I'm always looking for techniques and tricks to make better educational apps , so if you come up with nice findings and want to share, it will be much appreciated.
    regards ,
    eric

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are my hero, I spent all day trying to make a workaround for that and I was just about to give up! Thank you so much!!!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strange, I see no difference on my machine with or without the flag. Work fine in both cases...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I could help !
    To Francois : I used fusion 2.5 developer build 282.3 : win seven 64 bits pro
    I haven't tried build 283 yet.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to revive a year old thread, but how did you manage to implement the quiz object? I tried several times, but when I test run the app, it only shows a "next" and "previous" button and freezes. I copy-pasted your quiz object into a new frame a new application and there it didn't freeze, but it doesn't display the text either. Sorry, if teh question is obnoxious and stupid. I am a complete beginner at this and have searched the forums and google and steam and youtube for several days before posting.

Clicker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiz object messing up my game

Quote Originally Posted by GaoLi View Post
    Sorry to revive a year old thread, but how did you manage to implement the quiz object? I tried several times, but when I test run the app, it only shows a "next" and "previous" button and freezes. I copy-pasted your quiz object into a new frame a new application and there it didn't freeze, but it doesn't display the text either. Sorry, if teh question is obnoxious and stupid. I am a complete beginner at this and have searched the forums and google and steam and youtube for several days before posting.
    You must change thé Direct3D setting I can t remember exactly maybe choose no hardware accélération

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at therickman

Thank you, that helped.

For those with a similar issue:

Go to the Workspace Toolbar on the left side of the Clickteam Fusion window.

Right-click on your application (default name should be Application 1) and then left-click on Properties; This should reveal the "Properties" window that should show up right below the Workspace Toolbar.

The Properties window will have seven riders by default. Pick the one whose logo is a sheet of paper with a red triangle in the center.

Scroll down to Display Options and click on Direct 3D 9. A menu will pop up and maybe choose Standard.

Your Quiz Object should now work as anticipated when you test-run your app.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are great !
    I was frustrated with the same problem