Thread: Runtime Speed - Is there Lags?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runtime Speed - Is there Lags?

Hello,

I want to know compared to MMF2, does the runtimes of Fusion 2.5 run faster without lags?

In MMF2, I currently have a frame with 277 objects that uses 120 MB at runtime and there's like a 4 second lag in transition from the previous frame for the windows runtime. For the Androids runtime, it's about 30 seconds. I have tested across multiple devices with similar results. Once I loaded that frame once, the transition is a slightly bit faster when I return to that frame. There's no lag once everything is loaded up at the start.

I have a few objects with large animation frames, which I cannot cut up. I can only reduce the amount of frames in those objects to help with the lag, but not by much. Those few objects takes up about 50% of that MB.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is no concrete answer for this unless you test yourself. There are too many factors to consider.

There's a couple of techniques you can use to optimise your game/app across multiple platforms including things like, Forcing Load On Call for all objects and only using box collisions.

One neat little trick I used to use was, preloading any HUGE actives before your game frame, shove them in the frame before out of view (or hidden) and have Fusion load it up before the next frame, this will decrease loading time for the next frame. If it doesn't, then it's not a graphic/memory issue that's hogging your loading time on the start of the frame, it's events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips, Danny. I have already confirmed that it is the objects, not the events, and have already used all the techniques already.

So my general question is, are the runtimes for Fusion 2.5 overall processed faster and smoother than the MMF2 ones or are they about the same?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The upgrade to Fusion 2.5 wasn't just about adding physics and a bunch of new interface features; it also included runtime optimisation across all platforms.

Even to this day, due to Fusion 2.5 being the active product, the programmers are constantly working to optimise the runtime to maximum efficiency. I personally work alongside Fernando on a daily basis testing the Android and Flash runtimes before they release into BETA especially for performance and optimisation boosts.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice news Danny. I didn't know the runtime (and all what that entails) was being improved upon.