User Tag List

Thread: What exactly is the list's "Find String"?

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the list's "Find String"?

Hello! I keep wondering what and how do you use the "Find String" in the receive data from object box.
    I want to make the list find similar strings of what the person types in the editbox. And then put the matching lines into another list.
    Is that possible? I tried making my own find string but it didn't work out well (Without using find string)
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this function returns anything besides -1, this means the specified string is found.
    If this function returns -1, this means the specified string is not found.

Example usage:

+ Upon Pressing 'Enter'
    - Set Global Value A to FindString( "List", "Hello World", -1 )

^ This returns the line index of the string "Hello World" within the specified list object.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'll try it out!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks snail for this detailed explanation !
    However , you only mentioned findstringexact() in the first line of the post , and it doesn't appear afterwards so in the end I'm not sure what the difference is between findstringexact() and findstring()

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!
    I need this because, There's a quite big list of files my sister has in my app for her, and she really wants a search bar :P
    I already done Adding categories (If a certain file has that category) and Excluding categories (Hide file if it has the excluded category)

Wish me luck

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok , thanks a lot for this !!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very interesting and useful information! Is there a way to make a more 'senseful' search by looking for words?

like to have a wildcard for every character except alphabetical ones.

example: search term --> "cat"

text to search:

catapillar, abcatdef, cat, kit-cat

my idea of search will output the items:

catapillar, cat, kit-cat

So i need some technique to look for, ae: ?cat?, where the ? are every character except alphabetical ones.

Is there a solution for this within Fusion without extensions (should work on iOS)?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make a fastloop with the text, every index remove one character from the left. Repeat until the search term is found or the text no longer has length greater than 0.
    It might be quite a fps killer when having lots of lines.
    oh uhm, you could quite check to not remove the letters. Forgot about that. OR you could run a tokenizer and include every character except alphabetical ones and run a search through them.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just thought if there is may a Wildcard for alphabetical letters. i've a lot of text to search for and i'm afraid that this will kill performance here.

actually i run 1 loop through the items with the term "cat". it may be easier to just run some loops like:

" cat"
    "-cat"
    ",cat"
    "cat "

or something like this... hm.. or doing the search stuff on the backend on server... (i dont like this, but if its needed)