User Tag List

Thread: Why isn't Active Direct Show available with "User clicks on an object?"

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't Active Direct Show available with "User clicks on an object?"

I need the user to be able to click on an Active Direct Show object but it's not available in the "User clicks on an object" window. Are there any work-arounds? I have a series of these objects that are created from files on a folder. Each video is scaled down to be a thumbnail and I want to be able to click on the mini-video thumbnail and make it full screen. Since the files are different all the time, I can't manually place thumbnails myself. None of the video objects show up in the click selector, so I can't use one of the others.

One work-around I was hoping would work was to use the Image Manipulator object to create real thumbnails on-the-fly, but it doesn't work with video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you make an invisible active object on top of where you want to click and register clicks on that?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PBarwick View Post
    Could you make an invisible active object on top of where you want to click and register clicks on that?
    That is not very efficient..

You have to use 2 conditions. Mouse pointer over Active direct show object and user clicks or double clicks then do an event
    Simple

You may be new to Fusion so just remember just because there isn't a way that you expect to accomplish the end result; doesn't mean it's not possible.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem, as it turns out, is not just being unable to click on it. The Active Direct Show object doesn't let you get the name of the file it's playing. So what I ended up doing was using a text string object. I made a String set to Invisible and with Save Background turned OFF. That would make the whole string area clickable rather than just the text itself. Then I made the string area match the size of the thumbnails. Then I used the same loop that loaded the thumbnails and set it to put the full path name and file name in the String (and to position the thumbnails and text identically). So now I could use "User clicks on an object" and be able to get the file name from that specific instance and save it to the ini file.

Of course it all would have been much easier if there was a "Get picture name" or "Get loaded file name" available for video objects in expressions.

If anyone has any questions about the specifics of how I did it, let me know and I'll post something. Right now I'm late for something very important: Dinner.