User Tag List

Thread: Saving to the internet on Android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saving to the internet on Android

Hello guys,

I have local highscores set up using INI's which is all fine and works great on my Ouya game.

I want to take it one step further and have scores online though, can someone help me do this?

I can't follow the video I found on Youtube via Sparckman as I need it simplified, what I need to get things online and then how I show that online information in my game.

Thanks in advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need an online webserver, preferably a paid host / webhotel. PHP is the most logical choice, however there are other types of webservers.
    You then need to learn a bit of PHP in order to do stuff on the server. Since you want to save data online, you'd pretty much want to learn a little bit of SQL as well. Most PHP webservers comes with an SQL database.

What you then need is to create a PHP script on the server that retrieves the playerdata from your game and handles it on the server, and one script that retrieves scores from the database and returns the data to your game. Since it is a webserver, you can present the data as puretext on a webpage that your game can call using the GET object. After the game has recieved the data, you use the String Tokenizer Object parse the data.