User Tag List

Thread: fire button sticks (stays pushed) after being released in html5 virtual joystick

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fire button sticks (stays pushed) after being released in html5 virtual joystick

Hi,
    I have begun a game in HTML5 that uses the virtual joystick and fire button 1. When fire button 1 is pushed and the character is standing still, the button stays depressed and you can't click it again until you move the joystick around. This seems like a bug. Anyone else experienced this or have any insight? It is a platform game and fire button 1 is used to cause the character to shoot objects. Thanks,
    Brett

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope : this is a problem with HTC : I looks track of the finger when it moves out of the scene. So you have to raise the finger and press down again. I still have not found a proper solution against this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Francois,
    I just tested on an iPad and the button seems to work fine. It doesn't work on my Motorola droid mini. Is it an android thing? I did notice that on the iPad the game was lagging though. The character was moving very slowly. Is this a known issue? Thanks,
    Brett

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The speed really depends on the device itself capabilities. HTML5 asks for a lot of resources from the phone, as it is a high level langage. So if you phone is not quite new, then the processor has a hard time coping with the game. Ar e you using a lot of fast loops and computations?
    I really need to work on this Profiler of mine, and publish at least an alpha version. This will solve everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This appears to still be a problem. The fire button still sticks. I am not using fastloops at all and few computations (just percentages). Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks,
    Brett