User Tag List

Thread: Physics magnet doesn't work when created at runtime

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physics magnet doesn't work when created at runtime

Thought I'd post this here as it might help somebody else who doesn't understand why magnets don't work when created at runtime. Just wasted an hour trying to figure this out when it's a bug.

I've added a bug report. Seems the same applies to physics fans when created at runtime, they don't work either.

physics magnet not working.mfa
    physics magnet working.mfa

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent on the bug report.
    I am sure it can get looked into here pretty soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed this problem a few months ago, but I had it with every physics altering object (fan, threadmill, magnet). They worked, but not when they were created in runtime. I didn't put it in the bugtracker back then. Maybe you would like to test those as well and include it in your report?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I entered the bug report I also noticed that there was a report for the physics fan, not sure about the others but I will check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Treadmill also doesn't work when created at runtime, I've entered a bug report.

The physics objects that do work when created at runtime are: rope & chain, particles and joint
    The physics objects that do not work when created at runtime are: magnet, ground, fan and treadmill

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that report. I've been wanting to make a game somewhat similar to The Incredible Machine. The physics are perfect for something like that, but this bug totally takes that away.

I now see a lot of different bug reports about each specific physics object not being created at runtime, but I hope that it all comes down to the same problem. By the way another thing I'd like to add is that I tested if the object itself is there (with position testing). Turns out that the actual object is created, but it just doesn't do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a reply to these bug reports, they are fixed in version 283.2. Not sure when this will be released as a final public release - version 283.1 is still in beta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news I'm looking forward to the next update for Steam then. I've finished three games so the timing to make the machine-game is quite right.