User Tag List

Thread: Control X by Z33Z compatible with android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Control X by Z33Z compatible with android?

i'm using control X to easy implement the Xbox360 gamepad in my game. For this i want to do the same for the OUYA (Android) but COntrolX not is compatible :S.

With ControlX is very easy, i can add the controler press Direction left-> Simulate "down" pressed,etc... Instead create a new version creating and changing all the game controls for the new platform or create new groups of events for each player action :S

So, is possible get the ControlX extension working on Android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ejem... and the OUYA and other android consoles with physical buttons, sticks, joystics and DPADs what? :P i asked mainly for the OUYA version.

Also in case to get for phone/tables/ipods/ipad why not? I mean:

If touch control is active and overlaping "left image" -> Simulate "left" key down.

No matter if have physical controls or not, the idea is that everything that the platform have to interact with them apply an action or a key in this case.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Control X isn't compatible with Android. Also, the developer hasn't really done much in this community for years, so don't expect it to ever get ported to anything other than Windows.

For future projects, check in advance if objects are either compatible with a runtime that you want to port your game to (or that you might even have a chance of porting your game to) and, if they aren't, check to see if the source code is released or if the developer is still around (or both), since they have a chance of getting ported if the developers are still around or if the objects are open-source.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Android phones don't have physical controls, so I see no reason for it to be compatible with Android nor do I see a way it actually could be compatible with it. The extension's specifically designed for input from physical keys...if there aren't physical keys, then the controls have to be simulated anyway, which you have to do.

This is an example of why I tell people to always use variables when they're programming controls. Unfortunately, you've learned this after development, so you'll have to either do what you're talking about (duplicating events, etc.) or switch all of your hard-coded controls to variables using strings.

Regarding how to simulate control of the Joystick Control object: I don't see a way to do this but Fernando will know for sure.
    @ Snail, There are countless Android devices that are not phones and countless Android devices which have built in dpads and buttons, or come with actual control-pads. Also, there are drivers for Android OS to support Bluetooth and USB control-pads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ouya...d+game+console

https://www.google.com/search?q=ouya...d+game+console

cheers,
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh great! I hope this works and i will have the OUYA version in seconds :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am specifically looking to support the physical buttons of the Shield (essentially a handheld that runs android apps). Any suggestions for a cross platform solution where I would support both virtual controls and physical ones? I already run everything with flags, but want to make sure I choose the right extension for the job.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No such extension exists as of now, to my knowledge. There is no cross-platform game-controller/controller/etc. extension yet.