Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stockholm - A Metroidvania made in Clickteam Fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stockholm - A Metroidvania made in Clickteam Fusion

Stockholm is a game for windows desktop that combines the nonlinear exploration of Metroid with the storytelling of Bioshock. You play as an amnesiac rabbit in an abandoned subway system overrun with monsters, but there is nobody around to help you on your quest. No merchants, no npcs whose sole purpose is to give exposition, no directions, just one rabbit with a gun. The story will be revealed through the environment, as well as collectible clouds of fog unlocking memories for playback. So who are you and what are you doing in this place? What happened to make this subway the way it is? There's only one way to find out...

The current version of this game only has the first area. Pretty much you explore a bit, beat the boss, and grab the upgrade. The next are you would use the train to get to, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Additionally, while the save system is in place, currently it only heals you to your current maximum health. The demo can easily be finished in one go however, so no worries. One last thing; enemies don't drop health yet. Currently the only two ways to heal are to find a medkit or go to the save point.

Right now it is important for me to know what people think of the game. After all, if something is fundamentally wrong I need to fix it before it is too late.

Download
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is showing up on the screen unless I'm doing something wrong? No character, no platforms to walk on just this. See picture?? When I press C I hear a gun shot or something, but that's it.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same as above. also crashes on exit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same here, empty screen. Come on now, you gotta test these things before you upload!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, that's really weird. I have a theory on what's happening, but I'm not in a posistion to fix it at the moment. I didn't catch it because the file works fine on my end, but this is a good thing. If I'm right in my theory then I just learned something new that needs to be done in installation.

EDIT: New version is up. This one should work. Ignore the download in the initial post. I'd change it there but the forum won't let me.
    working version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not working. Now a character spawns in the air (still an empty screen) then falls off-screen. After that it's back the way it was before- empty gray screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The character immediately falls off the screen.

It doesn't crash on exit anymore but the music doesn't play if I restart with F2 or with the menu.

Still interested in testing this as I love Metroidvania games. Good luck fixing it up. It sounds like you might just need to add Apppath$ where you've directly referenced files on your computer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Haven't had this much of an issue getting the game to run before. Now the thing is, it already uses Apppath$ specifically so this wouldn't happen, but obviously something is going on that's causing this to break. I've updated the above link from yesterday and I think it should be running fine now. What I suspect is the issue is that originally it needed to have the map files separated in order to call upon them, and then it had trouble calling upon the actual tileset, so even though technically the map existed, the collisions and visuals didn't load.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey it works now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. By the way people, the game currently uses three frames: The menu, the game, and one final frame activated once you hit touch the SS Placeholder after acquiring the Air Hike. First person to take a screen of that last frame and post it gets a cookie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast