User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Resolutions, scaling, fullscreen, windowed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resolutions, scaling, fullscreen, windowed

Hello!

Yet another resolution thread!

So, let's say I'm developing 1920x1080. I want to have fullscreen and windowed modes in my game. I want to keep aspect ratio, always!

For example if player has resolution of 1366x768 I want him/her to be able to scale the game in windowed mode, but also to be able to go fullscreen and down-scale the game.

I thought I'd use Ultimate Fullscreen, but it does not work with fraps and apparently with sub-application neither. Oh yeah and it does not use real fullscreen but windowed fullscreen.

Errmm... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate Fullscreen works with Fraps for me...? I used it to record some of the gameplay for my trailer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is "real full screen" ? I don't think that's a thing..... If it fills the screen.. it's full screen. It works fine for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real full screen means it contains your mouse in the application that's full screened. If its full screen windowed and you run multiple monitors, you can move the mouse outside of the game screen onto your other monitor.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also performance is better in real fullscreen. I have problems with fraps when changing a frame. It won't allow me to do this. This, if I'm recording.
    It's still widely used program so that rolls UFS out.

Any ideas? A lots of people want to play with different settings, so it would be nice to include all these. And also if someone is playing with laptop for example, that does not support 1920x1080 it would be nice to scale the game down to his/her screen resolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the same problem ... And a lot of people too. No issue in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I have this correct, the problem is that UFS doesn't work with FRAPS? I recommend using Bandicam or PlayClaw for UFS... can't remember the last time I tried it with FRAPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with "real fullscreen" is that it forces your game's resolution on the user, which I've generally found to be undesirable. However I think before I made UFS I had a game where I changed the game's resolution to the user's, went fullscreen, and scaled the viewport manually using a sub-application, keeping the aspect ratio by my own calculations.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you show us one example how to scale the viewport manually?

In this day where game engines are being more and more advanced, demand of running everything on max resolution possible is very high.
    Game with no graphic resolution settings or even forcing fixed game resolution to player is not very popular nowadays. If your game can't have these things, pretty sure it'll get minus points in user experiences.

UFS may be the viable solution here, but as it have problem with one of popular screen recording app, I'm not sure it'll be liked by many.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello UltimateWalrus!

UFS is amazing extension, no doubt about it.
    Thing is that Let's Play videos are extremely important for marketing these days. I don't know which software they are recording with, but I bet some of them still uses Fraps.

I have PlayClaw and it works just fine, so I'm not sure where the problem lies between UFS and Fraps.
    Also I think sub-apps does not work with UFS? I was hoping to use sub-app for my options screen.

Do you think it would be possible to, well, can't say "fix" as I'm not sure it's UFS, but somehow to circle these problems?

Thanks again for commenting here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast