User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gap between audio tracks?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you play the intro and loop in one single ogg file and just set the sample position to make it loop?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably, but I don't understand how the sample position thing works? if set an alterable value to be that of the sample position, it is constantly 0. If I try to set it to anything, it just restarts the whole thing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting the sample position now, but the problem is that if I set the event to set sample position once sample is near the end, it doesnt work.
    I store the sample position in an alterable value so
    If Sample_pos == 42666 ( length of sample)
    set sample position to 3555
    The event wont trigger unless i set it to something like
    if sample_pos => 42665
    Does it fail to detect this or something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I guess it is hard to detect a specific millisecond with samples. I bet that type of thing REALLY takes a lot of tinkering. I would create a counter that starts counting when the intro plays, since this is started at different times during gameplay. Once counter hits a certain point play the loop. Adjust the counter that starts the loop until results are satisfactory.

One thing I just thought of, in data elements, what does it say when you select the samples? Like preload, etc? If you can preload see if that helps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The samples are pre-loaded. I tried changing them to different kinds, but it did no difference i'm afraid. As for the tinkering with milliseconds, I tried every possible interval but setting position does not seem to eliminate this "lag" at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the links Snail, alas they did not solve the problem, and neither did Looki's Sound Player. I guess I'll have to make due without this feature :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happens because Fusion just plays your sound immediately (buffering everything in a background thread), while in reality, you'd want to atomically perform all sound actions at once.
    Fusion doesn't have support for this right now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are no problems with audio in fusion, I redid your example, exported your tracks and re-encoded them at 128 as ogg and mp3
    and both work perfect. Must be something to do with the way the were originally encoded as ogg.

Take a look:
    le_sparck_sound_test_new_sample_rate.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparckman: I still get a very noticeable gap on that MFA - like I said, there's no way Fusion will be able to buffer that file in due time.

The gap is about 121ms, which can be seen here:
    [img]http://*******/ss/mpf5NPa.png[/img]

Nifflas experimented a lot with audio syncing, and there's just no way to do it reliably in Fusion (due to what I mentioned).
    So Storsorgen, I would try and live without doing fine-grained audio syncing.
    Maybe a fade-in/fade-out wouldn't be as apparent (so you'd extend your intro track a bit and fade in the main track).

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I still got the gap on that mfa. Thanks for clearing that up Mathias, I guess a solution could be to start the main-loop part on another channel at the right moment and giving it time to buffer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast